Rochester Hills has Toys, Play Spots, a Museum, Great Food and More for Kids
Known as a great place to raise a family, this city is also worth a visit for its awesome shopping, top-notch restaurants, entertainment and more
(page 2 of 3)
- Address: 200 Barclay Circle, Rochester Hills
- Phone: 248-243-3456
- Hours: noon-midnight Monday-Sunday
- Costs: check for latest
Tucked behind the Best Buy in Hampton Village Centre, this branch of the well-loved southeast Michigan movie franchise features luxury seating, DBOX Motion Seating and even a bar for mom and pops.
- Address: 1218 Walton Blvd., Rochester Hills
- Phone: 248-841-1606
- Hours: 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday-Saturday, closed Sunday
This gem gets mad props for its Neapolitan style pizza, crafted in wood-burning ovens that crank out crisp, bubbly masterpieces in 90 seconds. Created by hometown guy David Dedvukaj, this joint also has salads, hero sandwiches and apps, plus a beer and wine list for mom and dad.
- Address: 1524 E. Auburn Road, Rochester Hills
- Phone: 248-853-7347
- Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Thursday-Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, closed Sunday
Have your kids ever been to a bona fide used bookstore? This family-owned shop, here since 1983, is packed with everything from young adult tomes to mystery. Nab one for a good bargain – even cheaper if you bring in a book to trade.
- Address: 3554 Walton Blvd., Rochester Hills
- Phone: 248-377-0100
An outdoor music concert hot spot, this venue opened in 1964 (it was originally intended to be the summer home of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra). It boasts four concession stands and several kids' shows throughout the summer months.
- Address: 52999 Dequindre Road, Rochester Hills
- Phone: 248-601-6699
- Hours: call for open skate times and details
- Costs: About $3-$7; check ahead for the latest
This ice skating destination offers several open skate options throughout the week. It's also home to skating lessons and the Phoenix Synchronized Skating crew.
- Address: 6900 N. Rochester Road, Rochester Hills
- Phone: 248-853-6263
- Hours: 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Sunday
Skip the tip and get a tray of chef-created food to go at this gourmet market. It also has a reputation of "being able to obtain any 'hard-to-get' item" – and plenty on-site goodies that'll please foodie families. Has a Birmingham locale, too.
- Address: 153 E. Tienken Road, Rochester Hills
- Phone: 248-656-7223
- Hours: 6-11 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, noon-11 p.m. Saturday, noon-8 p.m. Sunday, closed Monday
- Costs: $15 rally race (10 minutes); other rates range $10-$60, and family discounts are available
Hankering for a little indoor kart racing? This is the place to give it a spin. Opt for a high-speed Rally Kart, or get the whole family in on the fun with Naskarts and Double Seat karts, prime for riders under age 14.