Rochester Hills has Toys, Play Spots, a Museum, Great Food and More for Kids
Known as a great place to raise a family, this city is also worth a visit for its awesome shopping, top-notch restaurants, entertainment and more
(page 3 of 3)
- Address: 1005 Van Hoosen Road, Rochester Hills
- Phone: 248-656-4663
- Hours: 1-4 p.m. Friday-Saturday
- Costs: $5/adults, $3/kids in grades K-12
Visit a 1927 restored dairy barn and many of the other buildings on the property that date back to the 1800s. Includes a variety of family-friendly events throughout the year.
- Address: 6930 N. Rochester Road, Rochester Hills
- Phone: 248-656-2253
- Hours: 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, closed Monday (note: they close early if all cupcakes are sold!)
The only thing better than the cupcake names here – "Paint It Black," "Yellow Submarine" and "The White Stripes," to name just a few – are the sweet ingredients, like fresh fruit, premium chocolate and Madagascar bourbon vanilla. Talk about killer licks.
- Address: 3701 John R Road, Rochester Hills
- Phone: 248-656-4657
- Hours: 10 a.m.-dusk
Picnic, fish, swim or hit the beach at this 113-acre park, which also includes a 38-acre lake. It also has ice skating, cross-country skiing on non-groomed trails and hiking in the chillier months.
- Address: 345 John R Road, Rochester Hills
- Phone: 248-961-3705
- Hours: check ahead
- Costs: check ahead
Visit the state's only velodrome – or raised bike track – to watch riders speed by, or try out the track yourself. If you're not into biking, there are several nature trails and other recreation offerings at the park.
- Address: northeast corner of Walton and Adams Road
- Phone: 248-375-9451
- Hours: vary by shop
Walk your way through stores like Gap Kids, Aeropostale, Ann Taylor, Hot Mama, The Children's Place and more before heading into Whole Foods in this outdoor mall.
- Address: 1990 E. Avon Road, Rochester Hills
- Phone: 248-651-8300
- Hours: vary by season (check site for latest)
- Cost: free admission, parking
Boasting historical roots that trace back to 1863, this mill churns out premium cider that features a six-apple blend by mid-October. Take a tour in September and October, visiting a petting zoo mid-May through fall. Some attractions, like the Fudge Shoppe, are open as late as November.
- Address: 3062 Walton Blvd., Rochester Hills
- Phone: 248-375-3070
- Hours: vary
- Costs: vary
Ask about kids yoga "playshops," which feature a project, new poses, uplifting music and making mala bead bracelets with "the traditional 27 beads," perfect for ages 5-12. Pre-register and pay. Lots for parents, too, including basic yoga, power vinyasa, weight-loss yoga and more.