Southeast Michigan Hayrides & Haunted Houses 2013
Take your tots for small scares or let your teens head to a hair-raising 2013 Halloween event in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties
(page 2 of 2)
- Address: 28405 26 Mile Road, Lenox Township
- Phone: 586-203-7222
- Schedule 2013: 7 p.m.-1 a.m. Friday-Saturday, 7-11 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 20-Nov. 1; plus 7-11 p.m. Oct. 17 and 24 (Wednesdays) and 29-31 (Tuesday-Thursday); family nights 7-11 p.m. Oct. 14, 21 and 28 (Mondays) 25 (Friday) and 30 (Wednesday)
- Cost: $22/adults, $15/kids; check out the Haunted Farm of Terror online to snag some "killer offers"
This haunted farm is over 20 acres of scary stuff. Take the haunted hayride or explore the haunted house. Test your luck at the live zombie paintball shoot for a chance to win prizes. For a more relaxing night, watch scary movies projected on a big screen around a bonfire. Visit the Road Kill Cafe for cider, doughnuts and other snacks.
- Address: 5565 Merritt Road, Ypsilanti
- Phone: 734-390-9211
- Schedule 2013: 7:15-11:30 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays, 7:15-10:30 p.m. Sundays, Sept. 27-Oct. 31, 7:15-11:30 p.m. Oct. 24 (Thursday) and 7:15-10:30 p.m. Oct. 30-31 (Wednesday-Thursday)
- Cost: Thursday/Sunday: $16.99/single event, $35.99/all six; Friday/Saturday: $17.99/single event, $39.99/all six
Wiard's Orchards offers six haunted attractions in one location at its "Haunted Thrill Park." Recommended age is at least 10, but use discretion. The Mined Shaft and Labyrinth are little-tyke friendly 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Wednesdays-Sundays.
- Address: 61288 Gratiot Ave. at 28 Mile Road, Lenox Township
- Phone: 586-749-6666
- Schedule 2013: opens 7 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays in September, 6 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays in October and 5 p.m. November; Sept. 6-Nov. 2
- Cost: $15/at the door or $12/online for each of the following: Muttonville Manor, Carnival of the Dead, Terror Maze Zone, Hayride of Doom; all four: $45/door, $42/online
Along with the haunts like the Terror Maze Zone and the Muttonville Manor, there are monster truck rides starting the weekend of Oct. 14 from 4 p.m. until closing. This year, see live on-stage entertainment, sit by bonfires and watch scary PG-13 movies before 10 p.m. on big screens (R-rated movies playing after 10 p.m.).
- Address: 71800 Romeo Plank Road, Armada
- Phone: 586-752-7669
- Schedule 2013: runs Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, Sept. 27-October (call ahead for the latest; ticket sales end at 11 p.m. Friday-Saturday and 10 p.m. Sunday; Sept. 27 is a special opening-night event)
- Cost: general: $15/each haunted house or haunted hayride, $25/combo; kids 10 and under: $10/each attraction, $16/combo
Shivers will run down your spine as you go through the Slaughtered at Sundown haunted house and the Slaughtered Town Hayride. This terrifying romp is definitely for older kids.
- Address: 7365 Pinckney Road, Pinckney
- Phone: 734-878-3737
- Schedule 2013: 8 p.m.-midnight Sept. 13-14, 20-21, 27-28, Oct. 4-5, 11-12, 18-19 and 25-26 (Fridays-Saturdays); plus 8-11 p.m. Oct. 13, 20 and 27 (Sundays) and 30-31 (Wednesday-Thursday)
- Cost: $9/manor, $18/forest, $25/combo; $20/combo on Sundays
For older teens and adults, this 30-acre attraction boasts making grown men curl up in the fetal position and scaring some so bad that they wet their pants! The 40-minute walk is almost a mile. New this year: Hillside Mortuary has been unsealed after many years; take your chances and brave this creepy addition.
- Address: 65775 Wolcott Road, Ray Township
- Phone: 586-752-5932
- Schedule 2013: 11-4 p.m. Saturday-Sundays in October (excluding Oct. 19)
- Cost: $6/adults, $4/kids and seniors; pumpkins priced according to size
This Macomb County Huron-Clinton Metropark offers its "Pumpkin, Cider & Donut Wagon Rides" on select weekend dates. In October, take a wagon ride down to the pumpkin patch to pick your own and then stop for a cup of cider and a doughnut. For autumn evening fun, come for the nighttime hayride and bonfire afterwards.
- Address: 29350 W. Chicago St., Livonia
- Phone: 734-466-2410
- Schedule 2013: noon-7:30 p.m. Oct. 12-13, 19-20 and 26-27
- Cost: $1/person
This Livonia spot offers a fun attraction for ages 12 and under (scariness is adjusted for the age of the child). Kids who like being frightened can maneuver the spooky barn in the dark, while little kids get to stroll through with the lights on.
- Address: 8450 W. 10 Mile Road, Royal Oak
- Phone: 248-541-5717
- Schedule 2013: 6-8 p.m. Fridays, 5-8 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays, Oct. 11-13, 18-20 and 25-27
- Cost: $8/ages 2 and up, free/children under 2; tickets may sell out, advance purchase is suggested
This annual event features a decorated, half-mile trick-or-treat trail through the front of the zoo. Children will love the kid-friendly entertainment at the Zoo Boo Revue and the "Ghouly Games" tent. The Detroit Zoo Boo is a "merry-not-scary" event perfect for your little ones!