Southeast Michigan Hayrides & Haunted Houses 2014
Take tykes for mini frights or have terrifying fun with your teens this Halloween season. Find spooky events in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties.
(page 2 of 2)
- Address: 2240 W. Buno Road, Milford
- Phone: 248-684-8632
- Schedule 2014: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays-Fridays, Oct. 1-31
- Cost: $5/adult, $3/child; pumpkins and gourds are priced according to size (note: A Metroparks vehicle entry permit is required to enter the park. Daily passes are $7 or annual passes are $30)
Enjoy the autumn colors on a relaxing hayride to the pumpkin patch! Select your very own pumpkin or gourd to bring home with you.
- Address: 65775 Wolcott Road, Ray Township
- Phone: 586-752-5932
- Schedule 2014: 11-4 p.m. Saturday-Sundays in October (excluding Oct. 18)
- Cost: $6/adults, $4/kids includes cider and donut; pumpkins priced according to size (note: A Metroparks vehicle entry permit is required to enter the park; daily passes are $7 or annual passes are $30)
This Macomb County Huron-Clinton Metropark offers its "Pumpkin Patch Wagon Rides" on select weekend dates. In October, take a wagon ride down to the pumpkin patch to pick your own (pumpkins at additional cost) and then stop for a cup of cider and a doughnut.
- Address: 61288 Gratiot Ave. at 28 Mile Road, Lenox Township
- Phone: 586-749-6666
- Schedule 2014: opens 7 p.m.-1 a.m. Fridays-Saturdays in September, 6 p.m.-1 a.m. Fridays-Saturdays in October and Nov. 1 (full date range spans Sept. 5-Nov. 1)
- Cost: $15/door for each of the following: Castle of the Dead Haunted House, Carnival of the Dead Forest Walk, Terror Zone Maze, Hayride of Doom; $45/all four; $65/all-inclusive VIP pass (unlimited attractions, front of the line access, valid all night)
Scarefest offers four major haunts: Castle of the Dead Haunted House, Carnival of the Dead Forest Walk, Terror Zone Maze and Hayride of Doom. Scarefest is your hub for a night packed with fun – see bands, DJs and entertainment offered nightly; there's also a heated bar tent or grab an adult drink at the Club Terror Zone. Plus bonfires and concessions.
- Address: 71800 Romeo Plank Road, Armada
- Phone: 586-752-7669
- Schedule 2013: 7-11 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays and Sundays Sept. 26-Oct. 31
- Cost: general: $15/each haunted house or hayride, $25/combo; kids 10 and under: $10/each attraction, $16/combo
Shivers will run down your spine as you go through the Slaughtered at Sundown haunted house and the Slaughtered Town Hayride. This terrifying romp is definitely for older kids.
- Address: 22525 Ecorse Road, Taylor
- Phone: 734-812-0215
- Schedule 2014: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 18
- Cost: $10/at door, free/kids 12 and under
Be ready for a night of frights as Taylor Town becomes Terror Town on Oct. 18 only. There will be entertainment, ghost hunting groups, psychic readings, face painting and horror movies.
- Address: 7365 Pinckney Road, Pinckney
- Phone: 734-878-3737
- Schedule 2014: 8 p.m.-midnight Fridays-Saturdays Sept. 12-Nov.1; 8-11 p.m. Sundays Oct. 12-26 and Thursday Oct. 30
- Cost: $9/manor, $18/forest, $25/combo; $20/combo on Sundays
For older teens and adults, this 30-acre attraction boasts making grown men curl up in the fetal position and scaring some so bad that they wet their pants! The 40-minute walk is almost a mile. Back this year: Hillside Mortuary has been unsealed after many years; take your chances and brave this creepy addition.
- Address: 20900 Dequindre Road, Warren
- Phone: 248-808-2463
- Schedule 2014: 7-11 p.m. Friday-Saturday Sept. 19-21; 7 p.m.-midnight Fridays-Saturdays, 7-11 p.m. Sundays Sept. 26-Nov. 1; 7-11 p.m. Thursdays Oct. 9-Oct. 30
- Cost: $15/adults, $10/kids 48 inches or under, $18/18 and up nights (Oct. 23 and Nov. 1)
The Deadland is back with an all-new frightening show for 2014. You can rent a monster! For $5, rent one of the nicer monsters to walk through the haunted house with you. Not recommended for young kids, though they are allowed to enter.
- Address: 237 N. River Road, Mount Clemens
- Phone: 586-216-2291
- Schedule 2014: Preview weekends: 7 p.m.-midnight Fridays-Sundays Sept. 19-21 and 26-28; General admission: 7 p.m.-midnight weekdays, 7 p.m.-1 a.m. Fridays-Saturdays Oct. 2-5, 9-12, 15-31 and Nov. 1-2
- Cost: $12/preview, $18/general
Offers 25,000 square feet and 30 minutes of "throat ripping terror." This haunted house has creepy hallways, dark passages and Michigan's largest vortex tunnel. No age limit; depends on your fear level. Check the website for coupons.
- Address: 37 Turk St., Pontiac
- Phone: 248-338-0029
- Schedule 2014: 8 p.m.-midnight Fridays-Saturdays, 8-11 p.m. Sundays Sept. 19-28; 7 p.m.-1 a.m. Fridays-Saturdays, 7-11 p.m. Sundays and weekdays, Oct. 3-5, 9-12, 16-19 and 22-31; 7 p.m.-midnight Saturday, 7 p.m.-11 p.m. Sunday Nov. 1-2
- Cost: Fridays-Saturdays: $22/Realm of Darkness, $13/House of Nightmares 3D, $30/combo, $32/VIP; Sundays-Thursdays: $20/Realm, $13/House, $30/combo (look for $2 off coupon for the VIP package, Sunday-Thursday only)
The Realm of Darkness offers an all-new show for 2014. Plus, there are two frightening attractions in one place – the "realm" itself, plus House of Nightmares 3D. This is said to be Michigan's only "real" haunted house!
- Address: 29350 W. Chicago St., Livonia
- Phone: 734-466-2410
- Schedule 2014: General: 10 a.m.-7:30 p.m. Mondays-Fridays, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays Sept. 27-Oct. 30; Haunted Barn: noon-7:30 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays Oct. 11-12, 18-19 and 25-26
- Cost: Free/general, $1/person, Haunted Barn
This Livonia spot offers a fun attraction for ages 12 and under (scariness is adjusted for the age of the child). Kids who like being frightened can maneuver the spooky barn in the dark, while little kids get to stroll through with the lights on. While the haunted portion is weekends only, all throughout October, be sure to visit for pumpkins, hayrides and more family fun (fees many apply).
- Address: 8450 W. 10 Mile Road, Royal Oak
- Phone: 248-541-5717
- Schedule 2014: 6-8 p.m. Fridays, 5-8 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays Oct. 10-12, 17-19 and 24-26; Time slots run every half hour
- Cost: $8/ages 2 and up, free/children under 2
- Registration: Tickets may sell out, advance purchase is suggested; a limited number of tickets maybe be available for purchase the day of for $12 if a time slot is not sold out
This annual event features a decorated, half-mile trick-or-treat trail through the front of the zoo. Children will love the kid-friendly entertainment at the Zoo Boo Revue and the "Ghouly Games" tent. The Detroit Zoo Boo is a "merry-not-scary" event perfect for little ones.