Frozen Yogurt Pumpkin Cookie Sandwich Recipe
Blend an oven-fresh fall dessert with a chilly surprise for this seasonal snack from Just Peachy Frozen Yogurt & Custard in West Bloomfield
Trick or treat? This delectable dessert is a bit of both. For the autumn season, Just Peachy Frozen Yogurt & Custard, a family-run self-serve shop in West Bloomfield, teamed up with nearby Baked Impressions, also in West Bloomfield. The result: A pair of pumpkin-flavored cookies cuddling some kosher, gluten-free fro-yo (hailing locally from Canton) or custard (produced by a Grand Rapids dairy).
"You get the sensation of the warm cookie and the cold custard," says dad and owner Steve Morris, whose two teen daughters work at Just Peachy too. Other fall fare at this independent store, which opened in 2012, includes crepes, scones and hot chocolate.
Aside from buying this tasty snack in store, you can try recreating it at home! Just Peachy shared its pumpkin cookie recipe with Metro Parent (the one it used before teaming up with Baked Impressions). You can whip up a batch – and pair it with some of your favorite vanilla custard or pumpkin-flavored frozen yogurt. Of course, Just Peachy makes both – check out its Facebook page for store directions and hours!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup of real pumpkin
- 1 quart vanilla custard or non-fat pumpkin frozen yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease baking sheets.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on baking sheets for two minutes.
- Add Just Peachy (or your favorite) frozen yogurt or custard between two cookies for a warm-cool fall treat.