Best Cider Mills, U-Pick Orchards & Family Farm Activities in Southeast Michigan
Autumn fun is happening all over Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties. Here's your 2013 guide to metro Detroit and Ann Arbor!
(page 2 of 3)
- Address: 1479 Ranch Road, Holly
- Hours: 9 a.m.-6 p.m. daily, until Oct. 31
- Phone: 248-634-8981
Come for the cider and doughnuts; stay for the corn maze, playground and hayrides. In late September don't miss the 32nd Ciderfest, which includes a craft show and live entertainment.
- Address: 61475 Silver Lake Road, South Lyon
- Hours: cider mill: 6 a.m.-7 p.m. daily, until Oct 31
- Phone: 248-437-0150
See the world from the POV of a bee in Mr. Bee's Big 3-D. Other activities include wagon rides, corn (or hay) maze, bounce houses, a "goat walk," Cameron the Caterpillar and haunted houses.
- Address: 7450 Franklin Road, Bloomfield Hills
- Hours: 7 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 8 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, from Saturday before Labor Day till Sunday after Thanksgiving; also 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Thanksgiving Day
- Phone: 248-626-2968
Now in its 176th year, this local favorite is known for its non-pasteurized fresh cider and hot doughnuts. Stop and see the ducks by the river!
- Address: 1540 E. Commerce Road, Commerce Township
- Hours: U-pick: hours vary, May-October
- Phone: 248-360-3774
Pick your own apples and pumpkins, take a relaxing wagon ride and test your nerves in the Night Time Corn Maze. Asparagus, corn and garden veggies available select months, too.
- Address: 4480 Orion Road, Oakland Township
- Hours: 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, year-round (hours change with weather and daylight)
- Phone: 248-656-3400
More than just a cider mill, this hub has a full menu of sandwiches, coney dogs and ice cream. Take a walk on part of the Paint Creek Trail and check out the giant water wheel in the fall.
- Address: 5125 N. Rochester Road, Rochester
- Hours: 8 a.m.-6 p.m. daily, Sept. 1-late December
- Phone: 248-651-4224
Climb the giant hay wall and venture through the corn maze. Admire a collection of antique farm equipment outside and in, where you can guess what the old tools were used for by matching their number to a description.
- Address: 1990 E. Avon Road, Rochester Hills
- Hours: 9 a.m.-7 p.m. daily in August, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday-Sunday September-October; 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday in November
- Phone: 248-651-8300
Make sure to get a Pocket Pie – mini, hand-held pies available in flavors like apple, blueberry, raspberry and cherry. Let your kids take a ride on a pony, visit the petting zoo and take a stroll down the river walk trails.
- Address: 13011 Bethel Church Road, Manchester
- Hours: noon-6 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, closed Mondays, Labor Day-Oct. 31
- Phone: 734-428-9310
After cider and doughnuts, get lost in the seven-acre corn maze, pet some farm animals and enjoy live entertainment.