It goes without saying that handmade gifts really are some of the best gifts to give, no matter the holiday or occasion. On top of that, when it’s practical, the recipient is sure to be even more excited. If you and your child are hoping to give some DIY presents this year, why not make a colorful, one-of-a-kind calendar? We’ve created a blank calendar printable for you to make your own for 2014.
- Blank calendar template
- Decorating supplies of your choice
- Drill punch
- Card stock
- Hard lamination and coil binding (make a visit to your local office supply store)
- Print our blank calendar template (see materials list). Download the PDF and make 12 copies on plain white paper.
- With your calendar blanks printed, use this 2014 calendar guide to fill in the dates for each month. Add in the dates yourself for younger crafters or for let older crafters finish this step on their own.
- Once the months and dates are all set, have your child decorate the blank box at the top of each calendar page – it’s time for their creativity to take over! Suggest a theme for each month, draw pictures of friends and/or family members or add favorite stickers to achieve just the right picture for each page. We added favorite washi tape on one of our pages.
- When the calendar pages are complete, select two pieces of card stock to act as the front and back covers of the calendar. Personalize each cover, too, with the year and who made it for an extra personalized touch.
- Next, it’s time for a trip to the office supply store. With a harder laminate, seal both covers to give the calendar stability. Add a coil binding to the top of the calendar.
- Back at home, use your drill punch to add a hanging hole at the top of the calendar.
- Once that’s done, it’s time to wrap your calendar and give it to the recipient!