Since 1992, the Milford Memories festival has set out to entertain fair-goers and help them make fun memories – and it has yet to disappoint.
This year, the fair runs Aug. 12-14, 2016 and is still located in downtown Milford. There are plenty of things for parents and kids to do separately and together (keep in mind some cost a fee to participate).
- 25-foot rock-climbing wall (10 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday)
- Kids fishing tournament (9 a.m./registration and check-in, 9:30 a.m./tournament Saturday)
- Youth sand volleyball tournament (10:30 a.m. Saturday)
- 18 and over fishing tournament (7:30 a.m. Saturday)
- Cold-Butt Euchre (11:30 a.m./registration, 12:30 p.m./tournament Saturday)
- Milford Memories Beer Tent
Fun for all:
- George Tait living statue (noon-4 p.m. Friday-Saturday)
- Early morning fitness (8 a.m. Friday and Sunday, 8:30 a.m. Saturday)
- One-mile fun run, 5K and 10K races (6:45 a.m./registration, 7:30 a.m./fun run, 8 a.m./5K and 10K Sunday)
- Three-on-three basketball tournament (7 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Saturday, noon-5 p.m. Sunday)
- Blind canoe race (11:30 a.m./check-in and registration, 12:30 p.m./race Sunday)
In addition to these great events and activities, the Milford Memories Beer Tent, River’s Edge Brewing Tent and the LaFontaine Family Amphitheater will host musical performances. Come check out Austin Scott, Audrey Ray, the Children’s Theater of Michigan and many more great musicians.
And don’t forget to check out the art show, where you’ll find hundreds of artists showcasing their best works.
Admission to the festival is free (additional costs apply for some activities), and hours are 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday. There will be free shuttle service to most of the parking lots.
Get all of the additional details you need on the 2016 Milford Memories festival in the Metro Parent calendar.