The Oakland County Fair is back and it’s packed full of fun activities for the whole family. Come out July 8-17, 2016 and join in the festivities.
Every day of the fair, families can see the lumberjack show, the Marvelous Mutts show, the Miracle of Birth barn and many other daily attractions. And of course, check out the Big Rock Amusement Carnival for over two dozen great rides, including their new, upgraded 80-foot giant wheel.
There are so many family-friendly events to try out this year. Some the kids might like include:
- Bottomless Glass of Chocolate Milk: noon-8 p.m. Friday, July 8
- Diaper Derby, Toddler Trot and Toddler Trike Race: 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, July 12
- Recycle Robots: 10-11 a.m. and 2-4 p.m. Wednesday, July 13
- Fizzy Paint with MSUE 4-H Youth: 10 a.m.-noon and 2-4 p.m. Friday, July 15
And some days have a different theme for the activities or admission:
- Saturday, July 9: Armed Forces Day, free admission for military personnel
- Monday, July 11: Senior Day, free admission for senior citizens 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 12: Toddler Tuesday, features activities for toddlers
- Wednesday, July 13: Kids Day, features activities for children of all ages
- Thursday, July 14: Special Needs Day, find rides and activities for children with special needs
- Friday, July 15: Science Day, with scientific experiments and shows for kids
- Saturday, July 16: Family Day, find activities and shows aimed at families
- Sunday, July 17: Family Fun Day, full of shows and contests for families
Each day the fair opens at 9 a.m., but specific times for the events vary every day. Be sure to check out the full schedule online.
Admission to the event is $5/walk-in, $10/parking and some attractions will cost as well, like armbands for carnival rides.
Looking for more details? Find all of the additional information you need on the 2016 Oakland County Fair in the Metro Parent calendar listing.