The 2016 Saline Summerfest will have more music, food and fun than ever before when it returns to the city’s downtown area Aug. 12-13, 2016.
Friday, the Saline Summer Craft and Art Show kicks off 5-9 p.m. Plus, there will be plenty of entertainment with three dance acts performing from 6 to 8 p.m. and The Persuasion Band from 8 to 11 p.m. There will also be an exciting limbo contest 9:10-9:30 p.m. Friday night.
Kids will enjoy the events specifically for them on Saturday, including the fishing contest and the “Splash and Dash.” Browse these other kid-friendly happenings:
- Kids’ fishing contest at Mill Pond Park (7:30 a.m./registration, 8 a.m.-10 a.m./contest)
- Probility Kids Splash and Dash (9:30-10 a.m.)
- Kids’ Games, including inflatable obstacle course and bouncer (10 a.m.-2 p.m.)
- Tricycle Race (4:30-5:30 p.m.)
In addition to all of the kid-specific activities, there are plenty of other fun activities for everyone also running on Saturday.
- 5K run (8:30 a.m.)
- Saline Street Machines Car Show (9 a.m.-4 p.m.)
- Electric Car Show (9 a.m.-1 p.m.)
- Co-ed volleyball tournament (9 a.m.-2 p.m.)
- Saline Summer Craft Show (10 a.m.-8 p.m.)
- Paragon Band (noon-2 p.m.)
- Big Benitos Pizza-Eating Contest (1-2 p.m.)
There will also be many live performances Saturday night by Detroit Special, Fifty Amp Fuse and the Phoenix Theory Band.
And 7-10 p.m. Saturday, there is a Teen Block Party with great music and plenty of dancing.
Hours for the entire festival are 5-11 p.m. Friday, 7 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday. There is no admission price for the festival, though some of the activities may require a fee. All of the events will be in downtown Saline, so park for the day and stroll around to all of the events with your family.
Get the scoop on all things 2016 Saline’s Summerfest – and other summer fairs and festivals – in the Metro Parent calendar.
Photo courtesy of AnnArborWithKids.com