This year, the annual Wyandotte Street Art Fair is turning 55, and everyone is invited out to celebrate its anniversary July 13-16, 2016 along Biddle Avenue.
Expect to see 250 artists representing a wide range of art forms and mediums, from leather goods to paintings and pottery. Stroll around, enjoy browsing the art – and maybe purchase something to take home!
There are also more than 20 different food vendors for you to choose from, so there are a variety of options for your family’s lunch.
And there is a plethora of family friendly activities, too. In addition to the the art at the fair and even daily Zumba for adults, there are daily activities for kids at First and Elm streets. They include the following highlights (and many more!):
Wednesday, July 13:
- Noon-12:30 p.m. – Downriver Actors Guild Youth Theater performs of songs from Sleeping Beauty
- 2:15-2:45 p.m. – Meet characters from Toy Story
- 3-4 p.m. – Kids karaoke
- 4-4:30 p.m. – Meet Disney princesses
- 6-7 p.m. – Kids dance party
Thursday, July 14:
- 12:45-1:15 p.m. – Meet superheroes in person
- 2:15-2:45 p.m. – Meet characters from Frozen
- 4:30-5 p.m. – 50 & Beyond Tap Dancers and Musicians
- 6-7 p.m. – Music by Dave Martin
Friday, July 15:
- 12:45-1:15 p.m. and 8-9 p.m. – Family friendly live music
- 4-5 p.m. – Carey Ann’s Clown Caravan Spectacular Show
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. – Live puppet song and dance show by DAG’s Story Book Theater Company
- 7:15-8 p.m. – Live song and dance featuring the cast of Leader of the Pack, DAG musical revue
Saturday, July 16:
- 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. – Meet characters from Sleeping Beauty
- 1:30-2 p.m. – Acting Out Productions Youth Theatre
- 6:30-7:30 p.m. – Live music featuring Avenue A Cappella
Plus, if you spy ART, a cartoon artist, hiding somewhere at the fair, take him to the information booth to win a prize.
Moms and dads can the entertainment area, located in the parking lot near Bishop Park, to enjoy a beer and some live music at the Riverfront Stage during the day and night.
Admission to the art fair is free, and it’s open each day 10 a.m.-9 p.m. along Biddle Avenue between Eureka and Oak streets. The entertainment area is open noon-11 p.m.
Be sure to visit the Metro Parent calendar to get all the essential details you need about the 2016 Wyandotte Street Art Fair.