Every week needs more sundaes! Celebrate a great meal, birthday or just up the "cool factor" of any family gathering by scooping up a dessert treat. Blue Bunny Ice Cream, a family owned national ice cream maker, offers southeast Michigan parents a little inspiration with five creative combos sure to put smiles on your kids’ faces.
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 tsp. half-and-half or milk
- 2 Tbsp. graham cracker crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. red, white and blue cookie sprinkles
- 4 mini sundae cones (like Blue Bunny Champ! Chocolate Swirl)
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine marshmallow creme and half-and-half. Microwave on high 20 seconds or until mixture just starts to puff; stir until blended. Cool for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and colored sprinkles; stir. Dip cones into marshmallow mixture then into graham cracker mixture. Serve immediately. Additional cones may be used to use the remaining graham cracker and marshmallow mixtures. Makes 4 servings.
Strawberry-Kiwi Passion Sundaes
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. grated orange peel
- 1 medium kiwi, peeled
- 2 personal-sized strawberry ice cream servings (like Blue Bunny Personals Premium Double Strawberry)
- 4 tsp. chopped white chocolate
- 2 tsp. sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries, sugar and orange peel; gently mix.
- Slice kiwi lengthwise into quarters then slice into bite-sized pieces; gently fold into strawberries. Set aside 10 minutes to form juice.
- Top each strawberry ice cream serving with half the strawberry-kiwi mixture. Sprinkle each with 2 teaspoons white chocolate and 1 teaspoon almonds. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
Sand Bucket Sundaes
- 4 cups caramel-praline frozen yogurt (like Blue Bunny Caramel Praline Crunch)
- 1/2 cup butterscotch-caramel ice cream topping, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
- Gummy sea-shaped candies (optional)
- Sea shell-shaped chocolate candies
- 2 small pails or buckets (about 2 cups in size), washed
- In each bucket, layer 1 cup frozen yogurt, 2 tablespoons butterscotch-caramel topping and 2 tablespoons cinnamon graham cracker crumbs. Repeat the layers ending with graham cracker crumbs.
- Dessert may be eaten immediately or frozen at least one hour. If eating immediately, decorate with gummy and chocolate candies. If freezing, decorate just before serving. Makes 8 servings.
Triple Chocolate Cake Sundae
- 3 Tbsp. half-and-half
- 1 3.5-oz. bar high-quality white chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, divided
- 4 1/2-cup scoops triple-chocolate ice cream (like Blue Bunny Chef Duff’s Premium Triple Chocolate Cake)
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine half-and-half and white chocolate. Microwave on high, 30 seconds; stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Heat an additional 10 seconds if not melted.
- Cover and refrigerate until thickened* to a medium sauce; about 50 minutes. Gently fold in 1/4 cup raspberries.
- Place ice cream into four serving bowls. Top each with a scant 2 tablespoons white chocolate-raspberry sauce and about 4 fresh raspberries. Makes 4 servings.
*Notes: If sauce thickens too much during refrigeration, re-warm slightly in microwave; about 10 seconds.
- 4 chewy chocolate chunk granola bars
- 4 1/2-cup scoops of peanut butter ice cream (like Blue Bunny Premium Peanut Butter Panic)
- 4 Tbsp. butterscotch-caramel ice cream topping
- 16 pieces candy corn
- Cut granola bars in half lengthwise and then in half widthwise, forming 4 pieces.
- For each sundae, arrange four granola bar pieces on a small plate to form "wood logs." Top with one scoop ice cream, one tablespoon butterscotch-caramel topping and four candy corn "flames." Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.