Cupcakes are a-poppin’!
It seems like these mini treats have taken over the dessert world the past few years, kicking traditional cakes off their pedestals. But making and designing these delicious goodies can be time-consuming. And, dear moms and dads, wouldn’t it be nice to whip up a "little" something special for the kids this February 14 without fussing with the oven?
Meet Jeanette Facey. This mom of three dreamt up a solution to your baking nightmares with the My Little Cupcake POPS.
Facey originally saw Cupcake POPS on an episode of The Martha Stewart Show. She began making them for her kids and, later, realized she needed an easier way to mold the actual cupcakes. Martha’s method just wasn’t cutting it!
The mold allows you to use Facey’s no-bake recipe to create the perfect pint-sized cupcake – without all the hassle. A two-ingredient mixture of Oreo cookies and cream cheese makes the perfect stress-free dessert.
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- One package of Oreos
- One 8 ounce package cream cheese
- Chocolate candy for toppings
- Parchment paper
- My Little Cupcake POPS
Here’s how it works:
- Grind one pack of Oreos in a food processor until they are fine crumbs.
- Hand-mix an 8 ounce pack of cream cheese with the Oreos.
- Chill the dough for 10 minutes.
- Roll the chilled dough until one-inch balls and place them into the mold. Press the mold shut and wipe the excess dough off the sides.
- Open the mold and remove the cupcakes (tends to work best when removed from the top).
- Place the cupcakes on some parchment paper and chill for another 10 minutes.
- If you add a stick in the bottom of the chilled cupcakes, you can begin to frost and decorate as you wish.
Pop over to the website to order the mold, which is sold in a single pack for $5.95 or a party pack of four for $22.95.