There will be a special Vernors display at the Detroit Historical Museum, local restaurants will offer unique menu items using Vernors as one of the ingredients, and we are lighting Detroit green and yellow! Check detroithistorical.org as the event approaches for participating restaurants and buildings you should keep an eye on for special lighting, including the anniversary message planned for the COBO Center marquee. The Vernors 150th Anniversary Party at the Detroit Historical Museum! Activities will include:
- A Vernors-themed poker run from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- A Vernors history presentation from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- A book signing for Vernor’s Ginger Ale by author Keith Wunderlich at 2:30 p.m.
- A screening of Detroit Remember When: Made in the Motor City at 3 p.m.
- A world record attempt for the most Vernors drinkers at 4:30 p.m.
Vernors floats, cream ales and Boston Coolers will be for sale at the museum from 1 to 4 p.m. Proceeds will go toward the purchase of a historic marker to commemorate the oldest soda pop in America: Vernors!