This is a repeating eventjune 19, 2018 9:00 am
Kids First Initiative Science Technology Engineering Arts and Math Summer Camp provides a safe atmosphere that allows kids to be who they are, scientists. Campers from 2nd to 6th grade
Kids First Initiative Science Technology Engineering Arts and Math Summer Camp provides a safe atmosphere that allows kids to be who they are, scientists. Campers from 2nd to 6th grade will be treated to three days of exciting hands-on learning as they discover the wonderful world of STEAM.
Programming is as follows:
- Rise of the Bots: Using creative design thinking students will discover what can happen when you combine the power of technology and the arts.
- Ready, Set, Build: Our campers will use the principles of the engineering design process to construct a free standing structure while competing against each other and the clock.
- Blast-Off: Using chemistry to harness the energy from a reaction student’s will be able to generate enough force to lunch a rocket into the sky.
- Wow Factor: Explore the states of matter while observing some of the properties that make dry ice so unique.
- What Goes Up Must Come Down: In this activity students will be introduced to force and gravity. The EDP and CDT will be reinforced as they work together to engineer a structure to protect their valuable cargo.
- Fun Chemistry: While triggering multi pal reactions our young scientist will demonstrate how they can change the outcome when they don’t like the results.
- It’s Alive: Campers come face to face with Life Science as they discover the very important roles other organisms play in our ecosystem.
(Monday) 9:00 am - 4:00 pm EST
Hawk Woods Nature Center
3799 Bald Mountain Road
Future Event Times in this Repeating Event Series
june 19, 2018 9:00 amjune 20, 2018 9:00 am
Kids First Initiative248 238 8234 firstname.lastname@example.org 3906 Baldwin Rd.
$75/day, $50/by May 15. Buy two days, get one free