Is one of your New Year’s resolutions or plans for 2021 to run a 5K, a marathon or just get out of the house? A virtual run can help you accomplish any movement goal you have, even if you compete on your treadmill. Sign up for one of these to raise money for charity and ramp up your workout.
- Cost: $24.99-$74.99
- Swag: Winners get free entry to the Ode to Laz Backyard Ultra race and an Ode coffee mug.
- Complete by: Jan. 21, 2021
Choose to run a 5k, 10k or 8-hour trail race through your community on Jan. 16, 2021, or in the Holly State Recreation Area through Jan. 21.
- Cost: $35
- Swag: A Paczki Run shirt, digital running bib and a coupon for a free Pack from one of Hamtramck’s bakeries.
- Complete by: Feb. 6-13, 2021
Run off your Fat Tuesday Pack with this annual 5k, which has gone virtual in 2021. Register by Feb. 13.
- Cost: $99.95
- Swag: Milestone pins and finisher’s medal, optional T-shirt and bib
- Complete by: Jan. 1-Dec. 31, 2021
Take 12 months to run or walk 100 or 500 miles at your own pace. Each milestone will earn you a special Sesame Street-themed pin. Your kids can join the fun as youth shirts are available.
- Cost: $5-$39
- Swag: Choose from bib, 3-inch medal, T-shirt and bib
- Complete by: Jan. 16-30, 2021
Run a 5K, 10K, half marathon or marathon to support the National Parks. Select the “virtual only” option and among the digital tools will be a “kids passport” with virtual travel experiences for the whole family.
- Cost: $26.99-$39.99
- Swag: T-shirt or Tank Top and Spinning Finisher’s Medal
- Complete by: No end date given
Moms can use any excuse they want to escape the house for a 5K around the block. This fundraiser supports Casey Cares Foundation, which provides activities for critically ill children.
This post was originally published in June 2020 and is updated regularly.