Cosmic bowling, or “glow bowling,” is a popular and fun activity for kids and adults alike. The black lights, loud music and glowing decor make for an exciting and out-of-the-ordinary family activity.
And if you’ve been searching for cosmic bowling in metro Detroit and Ann Arbor, you’ve found yourself in the right spot. After all, putt-putt miniature golf courses aren’t the only spots with that “glowing” sports fun!
There are a lot of bowling centers in southeast Michigan that offer cosmic bowling during the week, so there are plenty of close and affordable options for a night out with the kids – or even just with friends or for a date night, because it’s fun for every age. Get all of the info you need, including cosmic bowling hours and prices.
Always check ahead before you go. Prices and hours are subject to change and some change seasonally.
- Address: 2666 Metropolitan Parkway, Sterling Heights
- Phone: 586-939-2550
- Cosmic bowling hours: After 11 p.m. Thursday-Saturday
This family-owned alley offers cosmic bowling with state-of-the-art sound, lights and music. It’s hosted later at night, so it might be a better pick for a special treat for older kids.
- Address: 100 S. Cass Lake Road, Waterford
- Phone: 248-682-6300
- Cosmic bowling hours: After 7 or 8 p.m. Friday; check ahead
This massive bowling alley also has 52 lanes for your enjoyment, as well as two bars and a grill for food and drinks. Ask about the free Wi-Fi.
- Address: 4825 Highland Road, Waterford
- Phone: 248-674-0424
- Cosmic bowling hours: Starts at 7 p.m. Friday-Saturday; noon-4 p.m. Sunday
Cosmic bowling at Airway Lanes includes unlimited games, so bring your kids or friends and keep the fun going all night long. Check out their group deals that include pizza and pop.
- Address: 32388 John R Road, Madison Heights
- Phone: 248-585-3132
- Cosmic bowling hours: 10 p.m.-1 a.m. Saturday
Complete with the Stadium Bar and the ProShop, this alley has everything you could need for a night out. Don’t forget to check out the karaoke in the Stadium Lounge every Saturday night.
- Address: 7345 Highland Road, Waterford
- Phone: 248-666-4700
- Cosmic bowling hours: 7 p.m.-midnight Friday-Saturday; 7-9 p.m. Friday Family Glow Bowl
Century Bowl is a great spot for a day of family fun. There is plenty of space for everyone, and there is also a grill in the bowling alley that supplies plenty of food at good prices.
- Address: 2145 Avon Industrial Drive, Rochester Hills
- Phone: 248-852-9100
- Cosmic bowling hours: 10:30 p.m.-1 a.m. Friday, noon-5 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.-2 a.m. Saturday, 2-5 p.m. Sunday
Not only can you go glow bowling as a family, but kids and adults can book birthday parties with glow bowling as well.
- Address: 35000 Grand River Ave., Farmington Hills
- Phone: 248-478-2230
- Cosmic bowling hours: 8:30 p.m.-midnight Friday-Saturday
Make your reservations early for this hot spot, because you don’t want to miss the colorful lights, disco ball and music. There is also The Grille, perfect for food and games like pool as well as bowling. Note: No reservations after 6 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Address: 23100 Van Born Road, Dearborn Heights
- Phone: 313-292-1700
- Cosmic bowling hours: 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday, 11:30 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday and noon-4 p.m., 11:30 p.m.-2 a.m. Saturday
Ford Lanes also has youth leagues, as well as party hosting. Enjoy karaoke from 9 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday-Saturday, too.
- Address: 3490 W. 12 Mile Road, Berkley
- Phone: 248-543-9338
- Cosmic bowling hours: 5 p.m.-1:30 a.m. Friday-Saturday
At this bowling alley, even the lanes glow in the dark. There are plenty of runway lights, fog machines and loud music at Hartfield Lanes, so bring the kids or your friends.
- Address: 44650 Garfield Road, Clinton Township
- Phone: 586-286-8700
- Cosmic bowling hours: 8 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday-Saturday
At the I-Bar, mom and dad can check out the seasonal drinks or the big game. Book cosmic bowling birthdays here, too.
- Address: 46255 1-94 S. Service Drive, Belleville
- Phone: 734-697-9178
- Cosmic bowling hours: 8 p.m.-midnight Friday, 2-4 p.m. and 9 p.m.-midnight Saturday
Complete with 40 lanes, this family owned bowling alley is ready for your next night out. The bar and grill is ready to take your food order, so you don’t have to stop the fun when you get hungry.
- Address: 21700 Novi Road, Novi
- Phone: 248-348-9120
- Cosmic bowling hours: Opens at 5 p.m. Call to make a reservation
Enjoy an evening of glow-in-the-dark cosmic bowling at this Oakland County spot. Offers billiards, arcade games and a full-service kitchen.
- Address: 700 N. Lafayette St., South Lyon
- Phone: 248-437-0700
- Cosmic bowling hours: 8 p.m.-midnight Friday, 9:30 p.m.-1 a.m. Saturday
Pinz Bowling Canter has 28 lanes, and all are available with bumpers for kids to use. The bar and restaurant provide pizza, burgers and more, along with 14 beers on tap for parents. It offers a special cosmic all-you-can-bowl on weekends.
- Address: 6701 Roosevelt Ave., Allen Park
- Phone: 313-381-0222
- Cosmic bowling hours: 11:30 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday, 2:30-4:30 p.m. Saturday, 1:30-3:30 p.m. Sunday
Everything glows during Extreme Glow Bowling at Roosevelt Lanes. They also do glow bowling parties, so check them out for your next event.
- Address: 31100 Harper Ave., St. Clair Shores
- Phone: 586-293-0880
- Cosmic bowling hours: 10 p.m.-1 a.m. Friday, 11 p.m.-1 a.m. Saturday
When it’s not nice enough to go to the lake, stay inside and bowl at Shore Lanes. Come check out the great bowling alley and great food.
- Address: 40 Crocker Blvd., Mount Clemens
- Phone: 586-468-7746
- Cosmic bowling hours: 10 a.m.-2 a.m. daily (or check ahead; can make it glow anytime)
This bowling place is known for great food, drinks and fun. Come in and enjoy live bands, billiards and darts alongside your cosmic bowling.
- Address: 4200 Allen Road, Allen Park
- Phone: 313-928-4688
- Cosmic bowling hours: 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Thursday, 9 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday-Saturday; hours change seasonally.
This bowling alley features a whole area dedicated to cosmic bowling, complete with 16 lanes, the top 50 music videos, a free video game arcade and cool lighting. There are also two other areas that have regular bowling.
- Address: 8265 Richardson Road, Commerce
- Phone: 248-363-7131
- Cosmic bowling hours: 10:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m. Friday (10 p.m.-12 a.m. in the summer)
This bowling alley not only has great games for everyone, but also has the Mad Hatter Pub and Grill. Check out the great food for kids and great drinks for mom and dad.
This post is updated regularly.