Nothing says Christmas like a holiday tea. These teas can include special winter flavors or even special guests like Santa Claus, himself. The idea is to feel the holiday spirit and get something to take home — whether it be a physical tea or just good conversation.
These events can be held virtually, in-person or by takeout. There are no set rules other than to have fun and stay safe and holiday tea is not limited to one type of establishment, it’s a universal experience rooted in sharing a drink with loved ones.
So, get ready to get cozy and warm with these holiday teas in metro Detroit and Ann Arbor.
Nov. 12-Dec. 26, 2020
- Address: Royal Oak Park Hotel, 600 E. University Drive, Rochester
- Time: 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Cost: Fees apply, contact for details
Enjoy an English-style afternoon high tea at the Royal Park Hotel. This fancy excursion is served with detail and, more importantly, sandwiches and pastries. Reservations are required and should be made at least 48 hours in advance.
Nov. 28, 2020
- Address: Detroit House of Recovery, 32048 Utica Road, Fraser
- Time: 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Cost: $20/person
This afternoon tea is a time of food, friendship and prizes. This event is the perfect way to have a good time while giving back.
Dec. 11-12, 2020
- Address: Mill Race Village Northville, 215 Griswold, Northville. Hosted by the Northville Historical Society.
- Time: 4-7 p.m.
- Cost: Fees may apply, contact for details
This Christmas Village is fun for the whole family. With carolers, tea, and Christmas trees, it really is the most wonderful time of the year.
Dec. 13, 2020
- Address: Virtual, sponsored by the Croker House Museum
- Time: 2 p.m.
- Cost: $15/person; additional fees for add-ons.
This cozy at-home tea includes special guests that will join throughout the event. You better watch out for Santa, the Christmas Angel and Katherine Crocker.
Looking for even more holiday events and activities in metro Detroit or Ann Arbor? Check out our online calendar for the latest in-person and virtual happenings.