There are tons of activities in metro Detroit and beyond that appeal to kids of all ages. It can be hard to keep up with all the fun activities for families that are happening in southeast Michigan, so let us help you plan your week!
Take a look at the top events happening this weekend – Friday, Oct. 18-Sunday, Oct. 20, 2019. Check back weekly for new events and family fun things to do.
Still want more? Take a look at our calendar of events!
Note: Things change, so be sure to call ahead before attending any of these events or performances.
Oct. 17-20, 2019
- Address: Little Caesars Arena, 2645 Woodward Ave., Detroit
- Time: 7 p.m. Thursday, 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m., 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
- Admission: $20-plus
See characters from Moana, Coco, Frozenand Tangledin this spectacular skating show in Detroit this weekend.
Oct. 17-20 and 24-27, 2019
- Address: Greenfield Village, 20900 Oakwood Blvd., Dearborn
- Time: 6:30-10 p.m.
- Admission: $14.50-$17/person, free/2 and under, $6/park
Greenfield Village transforms for Halloween. Walk the jack-o’-lantern-lit path to enjoy trick-or-treating, stories and more Halloween fun. There’s cider and doughnuts, too.
Oct. 18, 2019
- Address:Macomb Township Recreation Center, 20699 Macomb Drive
- Time:6-8:30 p.m.
Wander the trick-or-treat trail, catch a magic show, make your way through a haunted house and more on Saturday.
Oct. 18-19, 2019
- Address: Campus Farm at Matthaei Botanical Gardens, 1800 N. Dixboro Road, Ann Arbor
- Time: 6-8 p.m.
- Admission: $14.50/person
Enjoy cider and doughnuts, create your own lantern and have a parade in Ann Arbor this weekend.
Oct. 18-19 and 25-26, 2019
- Address: Oakwoods Metropark Nature Center, 17845 Savage Road, Belleville
- Time: 7:30 p.m.
- Admission: $12/person, $10/park
Kids ages 8 and up and take a hayride into the woods while hearing the stories of Michigan’s history. Along the way, they’ll encounter different characters on a pumpkin-lit path.
Oct. 18-20, 2019
- Address:Dinosaur Hill Nature Preserve, 333 N. Hill Circle, Rochester
- Time:5:30-8 p.m. Friday, 4-8 p.m. Saturday, 3:30-6:30 p.m. Sunday
- Admission: $8
This annual event features trick-or-treating, cider and doughnuts, carnival games, crafts and more for families.
Oct. 18-20 and 25-27, 2019
- Address: Detroit Zoo, 8540 W. 10 Mile Road, Royal Oak
- Time: 3-7:30 p.m.
- Admission: $10/person, free/under 2, $8/park
This “merry-not-scary” celebration returns with loads of trick-or-treating, a corn maze, superhero reenactments and so much more.
Oct. 18-31, 2019
- Address:Stagecrafters Baldwin Theatre, 415 S. Lafayette Ave., Royal Oak
- Time:8 p.m. Thursday-Friday, 11:30 a.m. and 8 p.m. Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday
- Admission: $20
Catch this adaptation of the classic tale live on stage in Royal Oak. It kicks off this weekend and continues until Halloween.
Oct. 19, 2019
- Address: Crosswinds Marsh Interpretive Center, 27600 Haggerty Road, New Boston
- Time: 1-3 p.m.
- Admission: Free
Enjoy a beautiful hayride along a forest trail, a bonfire with kid-friendly stories, doughnuts and cider, crafts and more on Saturday.
Oct. 19-20 and 25-27, 2019
- Address: Northville Marquis Theatre, 135 E. Main St., Northville
- Time: 7 p.m. Fridays, 2:30 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays
- Admission: $10/person
Don your costumes to see this not-so-scary Halloween show live on stage in Northville.