Dad works hard. Help him play hard, too, at these fun Father’s Day weekend events.
Enjoy “gemütlichkeit” (hospitality) at this 11th annual with its giant German/Hungarian food tent, beer, folk dance and brass, soccer games, bands, a kids play area and more, topped by a Sunday picnic for dad.
- Place: Carpathia Club of Sterling Heights, 38000 Utica Road
- Phone: 586-978-2292
- Times: 5-11 p.m. June 19, 2-11 p.m. June 20, noon-8 p.m. June 21
- Cost: $3/day, free/parking
In a pair of Oakland County parks, enjoy kayaking, fishing, paddle boating, bike obstacles, crafts, team games, hayrides, a DJ dance and more. Events may vary by park.
- Places: Addison Oaks (Leonard) and Groveland Oaks (Holly)
- Phone: 248-693-2432 (Addison), 248-634-9811 (Groveland)
- Times: Check ahead, June 19-21
- Costs: Free/general, $5-$10/vehicle day pass
One midway? That’s cute. This bash boasts two, packed with carnival rides and games. Catch a Saturday parade and Sunday car show, too – plus bingo, beer and pony rides, not to mention strawberry grub galore.
- Place: Downtown Belleville
- Phone: 313-383-8920
- Times: Noon-10 p.m. June 19, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. June 20, noon-7 p.m. June 21
- Cost: Free general admission
These three events are just a sampling of all the fun. Looking for even more stuff to do? Stay tuned for an updated version of our Father’s Day events roundup this month – and don’t forget to check the Metro Parent calendar!