The Oakland County Fair is back and it’s packed full of fun activities for the whole family. Come out July 7-16, 2017 and join in the festivities.
Every day of the fair, families can see the hypnotist show, the Marvelous Mutts show, the Miracle of Birth barn and many other daily attractions. And of course, check out the Big Rock Amusement Carnival for over two dozen great rides, including their new 80-foot gondola wheel, so aptly named, Giant Wheel.
There are so many family-friendly events to try out this year, too. In addition to grandstand shows like the demolition derby, rodeo and monster trucks, there’s pig races, live musical performances, a circus, live animal presentations and so much more.
Help your child head to the top of the class this year..
Ace it with your FREE School Success Guide
Some days even have a different theme for the activities or admission:
- Friday, July 7: Opening Day and Ladies night, special discounts for girls and women
- Saturday, July 8: Armed Forces Day, free admission for military personnel (with i.d.)
- Sunday, July 9: Pinewood Derby Day, see the cast of Duck Dynasty
- Monday, July 10: Senior Day, free admission for guests ages 62-plus
- Tuesday, July 11: Toddler Day, see a rodeo and get discounted ride wristbands for tots
- Wednesday, July 12: Kids Day, kids get a free grandstand admission with the purchase of a discounted ride wristband
- Thursday, July 12: Individuals with Disabilities Day, find free parking and discounted wristbands
- Friday, July 14: Science Day, bring 5 nonperishable food items and get a $5 discount on ride wristbands
- Saturday, July 15: Explore the Fair Day, see the monster trucks ride
- Sunday, July 16: Family Fun Day, bring the family for discounted rides and a lesson in family safety.
The fair is open 9 a.m.-11 p.m. daily, except on July 16 when hours are 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Specific times for the events within the fair vary. Be sure to check out the full schedule online.
Admission to the event is $6/walk-in and $12/parking (you can upgrade to a fair-long pass for $45). Grandstand admission is $10/adults and $5/kids (a fair-long pass is $30). Daily ride wristbands are $25 (a fair-long pass is $70).
Looking for more details? Find all of the additional information you need on the 2017 Oakland County Fair in the Metro Parent calendar listing.
This post was originally published in 2016 and has been updated for 2017.