Spring break is right around the corner – and after such an unpredictable winter, a world of fun is calling your name! No elaborate family vacation planned? No worries. There are plenty of things to do on Spring Break with your kids. No matter the age, there are plenty of boredom busters and fun activities going on.
Whether it’s exploring science through exciting experiments, making crafts or shooting hoops, you’re sure to find something to keep your little ones busy. So spring into action and figure out what to do in southeast Michigan with these activities in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties.
March 30-April 7, 2019
- Address: 65775 Wolcott Road, Ray Township
- Phone: 586-752-5932
- Schedule: 10 a.m.-noon and 1-3 p.m. daily
- Cost: $3/child, $5/adult, $10/park vehicle entry
Take a spring break trip to the farm for a leisurely tour to see baby animals. Farm helpers will be available in the barns to answer questions and sit on straw bales with the animals for photos with children.
April 1-5, 2019
- Address: 315 E. Warren Ave., Detroit
- Phone: 313-494-5800
- Schedule: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. daily
- Cost: Free
Kids ages 7-12 are invited to the museum to explore the exhibits on display and do STEAM-centered activities that will encourage them to grow as learners. Advance registration required. Campers must bring their own peanut-free lunch.
April 1-5, 2019
- Address: 39221 Woodward Ave., Bloomfield Hills
- Phone: 248-645-3323
- Schedule: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. (post-camp 3-6 p.m. for $25 more/day)
- Cost: $45/half day, $85/full day
Spring Break Art Days at Cranbrook Art Museum feature five day‐long workshops for students kindergarten through fourth grade. Each day focuses on a new theme. Each workshop draws inspiration from the museum’s collection. Art Museum Educators guide students as they create and explore art and design using Cranbrook’s amazing collections! All art supplies and materials are included with program registration. Students must bring a lunch.
April 1-5 and 19, 2019
- Address: 29350 Northwestern Highway, Southfield
- Phone: 248-352-8000
- Schedule: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. daily; extended care: 8-9 a.m. and 4-6 p.m.
- Cost: $65-$75/day, $260-$310/week, $10/extended care
Kids will enjoy games, swimming, tennis and much more. Open to ages 3-12. Kids are welcome to bring lunch or an extra $5 lunch and two peanut-free snacks. Ages 3 and 4 must have a full life jacket if they want to swim. All kids must be potty trained to attend.
April 1-5 and 22-26, 2019
- Address: 31555 Southfield Road, Beverly Hills
- Phone: 248-642-8500
- Schedule: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (pre- and post-camp care runs 7:30-9 a.m. and 4-6 p.m.)
- Cost: $43-$55/half day, $55-$69/full day, $142-$209/full week
Kids ages five and up enjoy swimming, sports, games and crafts during this school break option. Kids must register 48 hours prior to the start of camp. An additional $10 will be charged for walk ins.
April 2-4, 2019
- Address: 45300 Mound Road, Shelby Township
- Phone: 586-731-3080
- Schedule: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Cost: $139/person for three days
Young athletes can learn some basketball or volleyball fundamentals and play in some fun competition to improve their game. The basketball camp is for grades 1-8 and the volleyball camp is for grades 4-9. Lunch will be provided each day.
April 2-6, 2019
- Address: 114 W. 4th St., Royal Oak
- Phone: 248-544-2234
- Schedule: 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m. daily
- Cost: $235/week
Kids get creative with clay, mosaic, paint, wax and more during this camp. Pre-registration is required. Five-percent discount applied when you sign up with friends.
April 3, 2019
- Address: 1831 Traver Road, Ann Arbor
- Phone: 734-997-1553
- Schedule: 10-11 a.m.
- Cost: $5/child, free/adults and kids under 2
Nature Storytime is an event on Wednesday mornings for parents and their children to do together. This particular event explores different eggs and the animals that lay them. This is perfect for ages 2-5 years old.
April 5 and 7, 2019
- Address: Downtown Ann Arbor area
- Schedule: dusk-10 p.m. Friday, 4-5 p.m. Sunday
- Cost: Free
This annual features a lighted parade on Friday and a parade of handcrafted puppets and floats on Sunday. Come in costume and enjoy.
April 5-7, 2019
- Address: 5200 Woodward Ave., Detroit
- Phone: 313-833-7900
- Schedule: 7-10 p.m. Friday, noon-5 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
- Cost: Free/Macomb, Wayne and Oakland county residents; others: $6-$14/ages 6-plus
Experience traditional Indian culture with a weekend of dance and music performances, displays, demonstrations and more.
April 11-13, 2019
- Address: 28600 W. Eleven Mile Road, Farmington Hills
- Phone: 248-473-1800
- Schedule: Call for details
- Cost: Fees apply, call for details
Treat your kids to art exhibits, musical performances and a special Family Fay full of arts-and-crafts and age-appropriate live entertainment for the whole family.
This post was originally published in 2018 and is updated regularly.