Are you looking for a little vacay, but don’t want to travel too far out of state? Don’t worry – there are plenty of all-inclusive resorts in Michigan for you to take your kids or spouse.
With so much to do at every resort, your family will never get bored. And each offers its own unique spin on fun at a not-too-far-from-home destination.
Please note that prices are approximate and subject to change. Metro Parent checked each venue to get a sense of family rates, but things can change. Always call ahead!
- Address: One Covered Bridge Lane, Frankenmuth
- Phone: 855-652-7200
- Cost: $135-plus/midweek, $175-plus/weekends; check website for special packages. Standard room size accommodates four people, but can add a fifth or sixth person depending on the size and layout of the room.
This family-fun hotel has an indoor water park equipped with four pools and two water slides. There are packages that can be added on for kids and parents. They offer numerous spa or alcohol packages for the adults – and game and golf packages for the whole family.
- Address: 3000 Enterprise Drive, Allen Park
- Phone: 313-271-1600
- Cost: $89-plus/standard four-person room
A unique hotel, which has free shuttle rides local attractions Henry Ford Museum, Ford Rogue Factory and Greenfield Village (discounted tickets available at front desk). At 4 p.m. daily, there is free coffee, tea and homemade cookies in the lobby.
This hotel also has a large indoor swimming pool and sauna that you can enjoy with your family. There is a restaurant lounge right on-site and complimentary fare to and from the airport.
- Address: 600 Highland Drive, Harbor Springs
- Phone: 888-436-2296
- Cost: Making Memories Package: $468/person for 3-day stay and $698/person for 5-day stay; rooms accommodate two to six people depending on the room
Boyne Highlands is one of those all-inclusive resorts in Michigan that has activities for everyone and some fun for couples only. Winter packages include skiing and snowboarding and summer packages include golfing. The “Make Memories” family package includes all your meals, lift tickets and time on the slopes.
You can also add on a ski school group lesson for a reduced rate. For parents that want a little time for as a couple, drop off your kids at the childcare center for a daily additional charge. Packages change yearly, so check ahead for the desired package.
- Address: 1 Boyne Mountain Road, Boyne Falls
- Phone: 855-688-7024
- Cost: Ski & Splash Package: $541-plus/night for a family of four
It’s home to Avalanche Bay indoor water park and has plenty of stuff for the whole family to do year-round. Families can zip line, take chairlift rides and go horseback riding, no matter what season it is.
At the resort, kids 5 and under sleep, splash and eat for free – and kids ages 6-15 sleep for free. Packages change yearly, so check ahead for the desired package.
- Address: 12500 Crystal Mountain Drive, Thompsonville
- Phone: 855-955-5146
- Cost: Pure Michigan Package: $253-plus/family of four
This resort offers a bunch of awesome activities throughout the year. You can purchase the “Pure Michigan Package” in summer and enjoy the indoor and outdoor pools, water playground, adventure course, rock-climbing wall, bike rentals and daily crafts.
There are several winter packages that include skiing, the indoor pool, fitness classes, hikes and campfires. Kids 17 and under sleep for free, kids ages 7-17 ski for free Sunday through Thursday and kids 6 and under can sleep, ski and eat breakfast for free.
- Address: 100 Grand Traverse Blvd., Acme
- Phone: 231-239-6100
- Cost: $165-plus/night for a family of four
With skiing and snowboarding in the winter, indoor golfing, two indoor pools, a kiddie “hot” tub, two outdoor hot tubs for adults only and a gallery of shops, there is something to keep everyone busy at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa.
- Address: 3575 N. US Highway 31 S., Traverse City
- Phone: 866-478-9653
- Cost: $130-plus; Pricing varies depending on date, and rooms can accommodate four to eight people depending on size of room
This indoor water park has it all: family raft rides, slides, splash zones, obstacle courses, lazy rivers and even toddler areas with pools and slides. Families can play a round of mini golf, bowl, play in the arcade and more. There is a spa for the adults and one made just for kids.
- Address: 3600 Village Harbor Drive, Bay Harbor
- Phone: 855-811-4402
- Cost: $150-plus; standard rooms accommodate a family of four
There is so much to do at Bay Harbor: skiing, snowboarding, ice skating and sledding in the winter – and swimming, golfing, fishing and the kids club activities in the summer. Stay as a family or enjoy a getaway without the kids – you can do both here.
- Address: One Lakeshore Drive, Mackinac Island
- Phone: 231-331-3419
- Cost: Mackinac Family Experience package: $267/adult; Island Romance package: $379/night per couple
The “Mackinac Family Experience” package includes daily breakfasts, one dinner and a glass of wine, half-day bike rentals and tickets for some of the island’s amenities. There is also an “Island Romance” package for couples.
- Address: 5780 Shanty Creek, Bellaire
- Phone: 866-695-5010
- Cost: $89-plus; rooms can accommodate for a family of four
Shanty Creek has lots of activities all year round. The resort has more to do in the winter than just ski. Take advantage of the many other activities including snowshoeing, dog sledding and fat tire biking.
In the summer, your family can swim, golf, play lawn games and enjoy one of the outdoor movie nights. Kids 8 and under can eat and ski for free. Build your own custom stay and play package to fit the needs of your family.
- Address: 21111 Haggerty Road, Novi
- Phone: 248-349-4000
- Cost: $124-plus/room that sleeps four people; rollaway beds and cribs may be an extra charge
This pet-friendly hotel has an indoor pool and heated whirlpool. Stay here with your spouse and enjoy a spa package. Or come with your family and get the family package that includes a breakfast buffet for four, Wi-Fi and a complimentary in-room movie.
There’s dining at the hotel, so you don’t ever have to leave. If you do want to, there are golf courses and restaurants nearby.
- Address: 5665 E. Pickard Road, Mt. Pleasant
- Phone: 877-232-4532
- Cost: $204-plus/night for a family of four with water park passes included; some packages do not come with water park passes
Soaring Eagle is more than just a casino. The hotel has amenities for the whole family including an indoor pool, arcade, splash zone, rock-climbing wall, indoor surfing and even a lazy river – if you just want to relax.
The hotel takes pride in its Native American ancestry and offers story time in the lobby to learn about the culture. Parents can play in the casino on the resort or see a show.
- Address: 2601 W. Big Beaver Road, Troy
- Phone: 248-643-7800
- Cost: Preferred Bed and Breakfast package: $149/night for two people; offer cribs and rollaway beds if you need them
When you think all-inclusive resorts in Michigan, this spot might not pop to mind immediately. But it’s close to one of the most luxurious malls in metro Detroit and has many amenities for couples to enjoy.
Some of the packages include a complimentary breakfast delivered to your room. There are two restaurants downstairs, so you don’t even have to leave the hotel to get a bite to eat. If you would like to venture out, there is plenty to do nearby.
- Address: 3050 Jackson Road, Ann Arbor
- Phone: 734-769-2500
- Cost: $215-plus/family of four
This hotel offers poolside rooms, indoor swimming and whirlpools, a game room, plus its own restaurant and night club on site.
- Address: 34911 Van Dyke Ave., Sterling Heights
- Phone: 586-979-1400
- Cost: Room and water park package: $129-$179 (includes four wristbands – with an option to purchase more); children under 2 do not need a wristband
This little gem in Macomb County has a huge waterslide, two large whirlpools, a vortex spinning pool, lazy river, geysers and an interactive splash play park for the little ones.
The water park comes included with your hotel along with a breakfast buffet at Loon River Café ($9.99/ages 13-plus and $5.99/ages 12 and under)
This post is updated regularly.