Nothing says summer quite like a chilled treat. This no-bake recipe for patriotic icy pops makes six 8-ounce or eight 6-ounce servings.
Extra stuff you’ll need
- Silicone molds or paper cups
- Popsicle sticks
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch, sifted
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
In a saucepan, combine blueberries, water, cornstarch, lemon juice and sugar and cook over low heat, stirring, for five minutes. Remove from heat and let stand to thicken. Set aside.
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries
In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and sour cream until blended. In a separate bowl, whip cream and vanilla extract until cream just starts to thicken (one to two minutes). Add the cream cheese mixture and beat for 30 seconds. Gently stir in the blueberries. Set aside.
- 10 graham crackers
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 4 Tbsp. water
In a food processor or blender, grind graham crackers into crumbs. Add sugar and process until combined. Transfer to a bowl and add butter and water, stirring until sticky. Refrigerate until needed.
- Pour topping into each mold until it’s one quarter full.
- Freeze for two hours.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into each mold, leaving a half-inch at the top of each mold for crust.
- Insert the stick. Freeze for three hours.
- Press crust into the pop molds.
- If the crust isn’t sticking together, add more water.
- Freeze for at least four hours.
- Remove from the freezer; let stand at room temp for five minutes before removing pops from molds.
Excerpted from Pops! Icy Treats for Everyone by Krystina Castella. Reprinted with permission from Quirk Books.