Speed is your friend when it comes to making meals as a new mom. Which is why I love these pull-apart rolls.
After all, 30 minutes is the maximum amount of time I have before my son whines to be picked up from his high chair. That means it’s impossible for me to prepare any dish that’s too enterprising. And anything that saves on meal-prep time is welcome.
When it comes to the holidays and countless celebrations that come with them, the pressure is on to find a tasty but not-too-time-consuming side to bring to a friend or family member’s home.
So join me in opting out of bringing that bottle of booze – and instead aiming to make these simple pull-apart rolls that combine three of my favorite things: carbs, cheese and ham.
Try it for yourself – and be sure to try Metro Parent’s other kids holiday menu recipes, too.
- 1 can pre-made biscuits
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 lb. medium-sliced deli ham (roughly chopped)
- 2-3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut each biscuit into six pieces.
- Melt butter/mix with Dijon.
- In a bowl, combine biscuits with shredded Swiss cheese, chopped deli ham and butter-Dijon mix.
- Place 3-4 pieces of biscuit (making sure to add enough ham, too) into each cup of a greased muffin tin.
- Bake 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and baked through.
Don’t forget to try out more of Metro Parent’s kids holiday menu recipes.
Photo by Lauren Jeziorski