Thirty minutes. That’s the maximum amount of time I have before my son whines to be picked up from his high chair. That means it’s impossible for me to prepare any dish that’s too enterprising these days. With the holidays – and countless celebrations – around the corner, the pressure is on to find a tasty but not-too-time-consuming side to bring to a friend or family member’s home. This year I’m opting out of bringing a bottle of booze and instead aiming to make this simple recipe, which combines three of my favorite things: carbs, cheese and ham.
- 1 can pre-made biscuits
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 lb. medium-sliced deli ham (roughly chopped)
- 2-3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut each biscuit into six pieces.
- Melt butter/mix with Dijon.
- In a bowl, combine biscuits with shredded Swiss cheese, chopped deli ham and butter-Dijon mix.
- Place 3-4 pieces of biscuit (making sure to add enough ham, too) into each cup of a greased muffin tin.
- Bake 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and baked through.
Photo by Lauren Jeziorski