Bubble tea originated in Taiwan during the ’80s and since then, it has skyrocketed in popularity. The sweet, creamy drink is mostly known for the juicy tapioca pearls resting in the bottom of the cup.
Lucky for us, the metro Detroit and Ann Arbor areas are filled with bubble tea shops offering so many delicious flavors. Here are a few places to satisfy your boba tea fix.
- Address: 30804 John R. Road, Madison Heights
- Phone: 248-531-8989
- Hours: 10:30 a.m.-10 p.m., Monday-Tuesday & Thursday-Saturday, 9:30 a.m.-10 p.m. Sunday, closed Wednesday
Bambu has a great range of bubble tea available but if you want to try something different, consider their Chè. This sweet Vietnamese beverage is packed with fresh ingredients such as avocado, jackfruit or lychee.
- Address: 21012 Mack Ave. Grosse Pointe Woods
- Phone: 586-779-1048
- Hours: 1-7 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, Noon-7 p.m. Saturday, Noon-4 p.m. Sunday, closed Monday
This newer bubble tea shop serves up drinks with so many different flavors. They also have quite the selection for popping pearls — blueberry, kiwi, rainbow and more.
- Address: 22821 Woodward, Ferndale
- Phone: 248-239-1131
- Hours: 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
Detroit Bubble Tea has plenty of options to make your perfect bubble tea. If you’re looking for something more seasonal, check out their summer flavors like Guava and Blue Raspberry.
- Address: 30569 Dequindre Road, Madison Heights
- Phone: 248-291-5576
- Hours: 11 a.m.- 10 p.m. Monday-Sunday
If your family wants to drink a colorful milk tea, grab one of these yummy options from Ding Tea: matcha, strawberry or lychee. Or better yet, get all three of them!
- Address: 117 W. 4th St., Royal Oak
- Phone: 248-541-5252
- Hours: 12-7 p.m. Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, 12-8 p.m. Friday-Saturday
Goldfish Tea lets customers choose up to two flavors for their bubble tea. Plus, if you love bubble teaandthe environment you can go zero-waste by purchasing their stainless steel straw set that comes with a travel bag and cleaning brush.
- Address: 43301 Garfield Road, Clinton Township
- Phone: 586-421-5604
- Hours: 12-5 p.m. Wednesday-Sunday, closed Monday-Tuesday
Can’t decide what to put in your bubble tea? Kawaii Bubble Tea offers fun specials to make ordering easier for you. Current and previous specials include banana cream pie, peaches and cream, or bubblebeer (with cream soda and butterscotch, yum!).
- Address: 2105 15 Mile Road, Sterling Heights
- Phone: 586-999-5928
- Hours: Noon-8 p.m. Monday-Sunday
The milk tea at Kung Fu Tea won’t disappoint devoted bubble tea fans. What’s unique is that you can add crushed Oreo bits to your drink. They also have a kid’s menu with more caffeine-free drinks like frozen slush, tea and lemonade.
- Address: 3669 Rochester Road, Troy
- Phone: 248-817-6832
- Hours: 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m.
The bubble tea is delightful and refreshing at Quickly. But if you’re craving a treat with your drink, you have to get their mochi waffles that come in flavors like green tea, Nutella and Oreo.
- Address: 4240 Cass Avenue, Suite 102, Detroit
- Phone: (313) 638-1467
- Hours: 2-9 p.m. Monday-Sunday
Tou & Mai hits the spot when you’re craving bubble tea. Want something extra sweet? Get one of their desserts or browse through their Asian mini mart with unlimited snack options.
- Address: 22000 Ford Road, Dearborn Heights
- Phone: 313-908-4835
- Hours: 1-10 p.m., Monday-Thursday, 1-11 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 2-10 p.m. Sunday
Boba tea lovers will find everything they need at Z’s Bubble Tea Bingsu. You can’t go wrong with classic flavors like taro and lychee.
Do you know of other Bubble Tea spots in our area? Share them with us in the comments to that we can add them to our list.