When it comes to the care of our kids, we’ll take nothing but the best and a recent release from U.S. News & World Report gives parents a definitive list of the best hospitals in Michigan and beyond.
To rank hospitals for this list, U.S. News and World Report gathered key clinical data from more than 200 hospitals. Hospitals are then measured based on patient safety, infection prevention, adequacy of nursing staff and where pediatric specialists would send their sickest patients.
The 2020-21 edition of the Best Children’s Hospitals list, which does not include data from the coronavirus pandemic, places Boston Children’s Hospital in the number one spot for the seventh year in a row.
Three Michigan hospitals have also made the top-50 cut in pediatric specialty areas like cancer treatment, diabetes and endocrinology, neonatology and more. Here’s a breakdown of how Michigan’s top performing children’s hospitals scored.
C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital, Ann Arbor
- Cancer, #26
- Cardiology & Heart Surgery, #24
- Diabetes & Endocrinology, #16
- Gastroenterology & GI Surgery, #28
- Neonatology, #44
- Nephrology, #17
- Neurology & Neurosurgery, #20
- Orthopedics, #22
- Pulmonology & Lung Surgery, #18
- Urology, #22
Spectrum Health Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital, Grand Rapids
- Cancer #47
- Cardiology & Heart Surgery, #34
- Diabetes & Endocrinology, #50
- Nephrology, #36
- Neurology & Neurosurgery, #42
- Orthopedics, #41
- Pulmonology & Lung Surgery, #45
- Urology, #40
Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Detroit
- Cardiology & Heart Surgery, #47
- Nephrology, #45
- Neurology & Neurosurgery, #43
- Orthopedics, #42
- Urology, #32
See the full breakdown of findings by U.S. News & World Report here.