You may have noticed more posts recently from friends and family in your news feed on Facebook – and fewer posts from Metro Parent. You can thank Facebook’s update for that.
But, if you want to continue to stay in the know on all things parenting, get the most up-to-date event details, find tips and advice for parenting at all stages, plus enjoy Facebook-only perks (including our weekly giveaway on Friday!), here’s how to adjust your Facebook settings to keep up with Metro Parent.
For desktop users
- Search for Metro Parent in the Search bar in the upper left-hand corner of your screen.
- Click on Metro Parent to access our Facebook page.
- Once you’re on Metro Parent’s Facebook page, click on the “Following” button, which is located to the right of the “Liked” button.
- Select “See First” from the drop-down list.
- Now you won’t miss a thing!
For Facebook app users
- Click on your Facebook app.
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the lower right-hand corner of your screen.
- Scroll down to and click on “Settings.”
- Click on “News Feed Preferences.”
- Click on “Prioritize who to see first.”
- Once here, you’ll notice all your friends, family and the pages you follow. Scroll until you see our MP logo, then click on it. A blue and white star will appear once you’ve selected Metro Parent’s page.
- Click “Done” in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- You’re back in business!