The Children’s Center Detroit Town Hall Meeting: Community Mental Health at Focus: HOPE in Detroit
1400 Oakman Blvd.
Detroit, MI 48238
Parents can join the Children's Center to come share your perspective as they break down barriers that limit Black boys and promote transformative change within the systems that impact their outcomes. This meeting will focus on mental health of our community, then work toward actionable steps to improve care, services and supports for Black boys.
The panelists will include:
• Andre Ash, Digital Anchor, Michigan Chronicle, Emcee
• Dr. Lloyd Allen, Assistant Professor, Wayne State School of Social Work, Moderator
• Kevin Fischer, Executive Director, National Alliance on Mental Health – Michigan, Panelist
• Waymond Hayes, Director of Early Childhood, Focus: Hope, Panelist
• Alyssa Heard, Parent & Deputy Director, 482Forward, Panelist
• Elder Antoine Jackson, Youth Pastor, Greater Mitchell Temple COGIC, Panelist
Event cost: Free
Event time: 9:30 a.m.-noon March 25, 2023
Contact Phone: 313-262-0969
Age recommendation: Parents Only
Neighborhood: Wayne County