Kids love little collectibles, whether they’re unique blind-box characters or Shopkins or Hot Wheels miniatures. But these tiny toys can get lost easily, too! DIY display cubes are a great solution. Combine simple wood boxes to keep those special possessions from disappearing – and show them off in your child’s room.
- Plain wooden cubes in various sizes (we used “Hand Made Modern” wood planters from Target)
- Wood glue
- Stickers (or other embellishments)
- Decide how many boxes you’d like. It’s important to keep the bigger cubes on the bottom for stability. We paired two large boxes with one medium box centered on top.
- On one side of the large box, apply several lines of wood glue. With the brush, “paint” the glue onto the wood so it’s one layer of adhesive. Repeat for the other large box.
- Match the glue sides together. Apply a clamp to the center of the boxes. Add an additional clamp across the entire unit. Let dry for a few hours.
- Apply a layer of glue to one side of the medium box. Position on top of the bottom row and clamp into place. Again, let dry for a few hours.
- Remove the clamps. We used Hand Made Modern’s vellum stickers to decorate the interior and exterior. Put your imagination to work!
- Your display cube is ready to house your special treasures.