Excerpted from The Outdoor Adventure Cookbook by Coleman. Copyright © 2017 Oxmoor House. Reprinted with permission from Time Inc. Books, a division of Time Inc. New York, NY. All rights reserved.
Time: 20 minutes
- 4 English muffins, split and lightly buttered on cut sides
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 8 Canadian bacon slices
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 4 ripe tomato slices (from 1 medium tomato)
- Heat a camping stove to medium-high (375-400 F), or fit a grilling grate over the direct heat of glowing embers.
- Preheat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet on the stove or grate for 5 minutes.
- Place muffin halves, buttered-side down, in skillet.
- Cook until lightly toasted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove muffins and set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet; add bacon slices and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove the bacon from skillet and set aside.
- Wipe skillet clean.
- Whisk eggs, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until combined.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the skillet; add eggs, and cook, without stirring, until the eggs start to set on bottom.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, to desired degree of doneness.
- Stir the mayonnaise, lemon juice and smoked paprika.
- Place one bacon slice on the toasted side of each of four muffin halves; top evenly with cooked eggs.
- Top each with one tomato slice, another bacon slice and a dollop of lemon mayo. Cover with remaining muffin halves.
- Serve immediately.