Serves 12 to 15
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. goat cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries
- 1/4 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Small pieces multicolored bell peppers and/or radishes and 1 fresh chive, for decorating
- Crackers or baguette slices, for serving
Using a stand mixer or a bowl and a spatula, mix together cream cheese, goat cheese, cranberries, rosemary and garlic until combined. Form the mixture into a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight. Before serving, decorate the cheese ball with small pieces of bell pepper and/or radishes. Fold the chive into a loop and stick it into the top of the ornament, forming a “hook.” Serve with crackers or baguette slices.
Tip: Find tiny cookie cutters in kitchen supply/craft stores to cut peppers into shapes.
Great Balls of Cheese
By Michelle Buffardi
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
2013 • $16.99
Excerpted from Great Balls of Cheese © 2013 by Michelle Buffardi. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
Photo by Jason Wyche/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt