Meet Danielle N. Brown, a teacher at Davison Elementary-Middle School in Detroit.
- Grades taught: 7-8 for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Years as a teacher: 4 years
- Favorite book as a child: Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
- What her class is reading: Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
- Reading tip: Suggest books from movies they like. It should prompt great discussion about the details between the two!
Learning how to read is an important part of making good health care choices. Kids who know how to read will use this skill for the rest of their lives. The educators in Teacher Spotlight help young readers now, so they can make choices to stay healthy in the future. For more information, visit uhccommunityplan.com.