Meet Lynn Cronin, a teacher at Greenfield Elementary in Beverly Hills.
- Grades taught: 2nd and 3rd grade
- Years as a teacher: 34 years
- Favorite books as a child: Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
- What her class is reading: The Year of Billy Miller by Kevin Henkes
- Reading tip: “Read with your child every night! Keep plenty of reading materials in your home: books, magazines, poetry and comics. If exposed to variety of texts, children will develop a lifelong love of learning, reading and books.”
Learning how to read is an important part of making good health care choices. Kids who know how to read will use this skill for the rest of their lives. The educators in Teacher Spotlight help young readers now, so they can make choices to stay healthy in the future. For more information, visit uhccommunityplan.com.