Meet Stephanie Nafso, a teacher at Scotch Elementary School in West Bloomfield.
- Grades taught: 3-4 and ESL classes
- Years as a teacher: 3 years
- Favorite books as a child: Amelia Bedelia and The Boxcar Children series
- What her class is reading: The Tiger Rising by Kate DiCamillo
- Reading tip: Everyone needs to read at least for 20 minutes a day – whether it is independently or with someone. This will help build fluency, increase comprehension, and learn new vocabulary. Dive into a book today and travel to different places each time.
Learning how to read is an important part of making good health care choices. Kids who know how to read will use the skill for the rest of their lives. The educators in Teacher Spotlight help young readers now, so they can make choices to stay healthy in the future. For more information, visit uhccommunityplan.com.