St. Patrick’s Day is almost here, and there’s no better way to celebrate the holiday than a taste of Irish-style cuisine.
Here, you’ll find 13 local restaurants in and around Macomb County that are inspired by traditional Irish pubs and feature delicious eats such as bangers and mash, corned beef and cabbage, shepherd’s pie and more.
Pick one near you to try on St. Paddy’s Day or any time of the year!
- Address: 32307 Harper Ave., St. Clair Shores
- Phone: 586-415-0571
- Hours: 10 a.m.-2 a.m. daily
This local favorite is Irish-owned and operated. Offers adult drinks at the outside bar and authentic Irish eats.
- Address: 42012 Hayes Road, Clinton Township
- Phone: 586-286-0008
- Hours: 11 a.m.-2 a.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-midnight Sunday
Features unique salad options like The Village Salad, Country Salad and Michigan Cherry Salad. A section of the menu dedicated to burgers like the Irish Boxer, Slap on the Wrist, Beyond Burger and El Chapo. Offers Irish egg rolls, chicken and dumpling soup, fish tacos, nachos and more.
- Address: 33401 Harper Ave., Clinton Township
- Phone: 586-229-2700
- Hours:11 a.m.-10 p.m. daily
Choose from appetizers, soups, burgers, pizza, salad and more. Options include corned beef egg rolls, Rueben sandwiches, fish sandwiches and more. Vegetarian choices and adult drinks, too.
- Address: 11417 26 Mile Road, Washington
- Phone: 586-232-4255
- Hours:11 a.m.-11 p.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-9 p.m. Sunday
Starters include mashed potato balls and Dublin’s fried cauliflower. There’s also salad, soup, burgers and tacos. Plus, corned beef sliders, Reuben sandwiches, hand-battered perch and much more.
- Address: 5491 Auburn Road, Shelby Township
- Hours:7 a.m.-midnight Monday-Saturday, noon-midnight Sunday
Beef nachos, boneless wings, antipasto salad, patty melt, corned beef, burgers, subs and calzones are all on the menu here. Ask about weekly specials and drink menu.
- Address: 32350 Van Dyke Ave., Warren
- Phone: 586-978-0055
- Hours: 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Monday, 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Tuesday-Wednesday, 11 a.m.-midnight Saturday, noon-9 p.m. Sunday
People “come for the pint” and “stay for the cheers” at this local spot, which features shepherd’s pie, bangers and mash on the adult menu and pizza, quesadilla and grilled cheese on the kids menu. Ask about specialty cocktails, beer and wine.
- Address: 52500 Van Dyke Ave., Shelby Township
- Phone: 586-739-2913
- Hours: 10 a.m.-2 a.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-2 a.m. Sunday
This casual and cozy pub offers beer, cocktails and hard liquor. As far as food, find burgers, tuna sandwiches and other pub grub.
- Address: 112 Macomb Place, Mount Clemens
- Phone: 586-329-1252
- Hours: 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday, 11 a.m-5 p.m. Sunday
Find twists on traditional Irish food, including a corned beef-stuffed wrap and cottage pie. Also offers burgers, pasta and salads.
- Address: 22385 E. 10 Mile Road, St. Clair Shores
- Phone: 586-771-5715
- Hours: 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday-Saturday
This spot has a ton of fish options, including perch and walleye dinners and lobster artichoke stuffed salmon. Plus, shepherd’s pie, salads, burgers and soups.
- Address: 1281 S. Gratiot Ave., Clinton Township
- Hours:11 a.m.-2 a.m. Monday-Friday, noon-2 a.m. Saturday-Sunday
This local spot offers a “corner bar” experience that feels like an Irish pub. Find a selection of domestic and imported beers along with burgers, tacos and more.
- Address: 23 N. Washington St., Oxford
- Phone: 248-572-7344
- Hours: 3-11 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday, 3-midnight Friday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday
Sullivan’s is an authentic, Irish-owned restaurant designed in Dublin, Ireland. Menu includes Irish layered crisps, mac and beer cheese, shepherd’s pie, true Irish bacon and cabbage and much more.
- Address: 101 N. Main St., Mount Clemens
- Phone: 586-961-6371
- Hours: 11 a.m.-2 a.m. Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-midnight Sunday
This “five-star dive bar” offers and old-fashioned pub atmosphere and seating that were once church pews. Food includes Irish tots, Scotch eggs, corned beef and cabbage and more. Vegetarian options available. Extensive beer and spirits list, too.
- Address: 120 S. Main St., Romeo
- Hours:11 a.m.-10 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Friday-Saturday, noon-9 p.m. Sunday
Pick from corned beef Reuben, pulled pork or fish sandwiches, corned beef and cabbage and Dublin salmon. Pizza, burgers and four different kinds of mac & cheese, too.
For more information about living in Macomb County, visit the Macomb County Department of Planning and Economic Development at Make Macomb Your Home.
This post was originally published in 2021 and is updated regularly.