St. Patrick’s Day is almost here, and there’s no better way to celebrate the holiday than a taste of Irish-style cuisine.
Here, you’ll find 11 local restaurants in Macomb County that are inspired by traditional Irish pubs and feature delicious eats such as bangers and mash, corned beef and cabbage, shepherd’s pie and more.
Pick one near you to try on St. Paddy’s Day or any time of the year!
- Address: 32307 Harper Ave., St. Clair Shores
- Phone: 586-415-0571
- Hours: 9 a.m.-2 a.m. daily
This local favorite is Irish-owned and operated. Offers adult drinks and authentic Irish eats.
- Address: 42012 Hayes Road, Clinton Township
- Phone: 586-286-0008
- Hours: 11 a.m.-2 a.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-midnight Sunday
Features unique salad options like The Village Salad, The Salmon Salad and Michigan Cherry Salad. A section of the menu dedicated to burgers like the Irish Boxer, Slap on the Wrist, Black and Bleu and El Chapo. Offers Irish egg rolls, fish tacos, nachos and more.
- Address: 33401 Harper Ave., Clinton Township
- Phone: 586-229-2700
- Hours: 11 a.m.-2 a.m. daily
Choose from appetizers, soups, burgers, pizza, salad and more. Options include corned beef egg rolls, Rueben sandwiches, fish sandwiches and more. Vegetarian choices and adult drinks, too.
- Address: 11417 26 Mile Road, Washington
- Phone: 586-232-4255
- Hours: 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-midnight Friday-Saturday, noon-9 p.m. Sunday
Starters include mashed potato balls and Dublin’s fried cauliflower. There’s also salad, soup, burgers and tacos. Plus, corned beef sliders, Reuben sandwiches, hand-battered perch and much more.
- Address: 5491 Auburn Road, Shelby Township
- Phone: 586-731-0531
- Hours: 7 a.m.-2 a.m. Monday-Saturday, 11:30 a.m.-2 a.m. Sunday
Beef nachos, boneless wings, antipasto salad, patty melt, corned beef, burgers, subs and calzones are all on the menu here. Ask about weekly specials and drink menu.
- Address: 32350 Van Dyke Ave., Warren
- Phone: 586-978-0055
- Hours: 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, 11 a.m.-midnight Thursday-Saturday
People “come for the pint” and “stay for the cheers” at this local spot, which features shepherd’s pie, bangers and mash and Dublin tacos on the adult menu and pizza, quesadilla and grilled cheese on the kids menu.
- Address: 52500 Van Dyke Ave., Shelby Township
- Phone: 586-739-2913
- Hours: 10 a.m.-2 a.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-2 a.m. Sunday
This casual and cozy pub offers beer, cocktails and hard liquor. As far as food, find burgers, fish and chips and other pub grub.
- Address: 7636 Auburn Road, Utica
- Phone: 586-739-6946
- Hours: 4 p.m.-midnight Monday-Thursday, 4 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday-Saturday
This local tavern has all the good pub food – burgers, chicken wings, pretzel bites, nachos, pizza and more.
- Address: 18339 14 Mile Road, Fraser
- Phone: 586-200-5744
- Hours: 11 a.m.-midnight Monday-Tuesday, 11 a.m.-2 a.m. Wednesday-Saturday, noon-10 p.m. Sunday
Try their Dublin Style Nachos, Irish Egg Rolls, Paddy Whack Special burger or The Irishman sammie, which is smoked corned beef, Swiss cheese, whiskey bourbon maple sauce and house-made coleslaw.
- Address: 22385 E. 10 Mile Road, St. Clair Shores
- Phone: 586-771-5715
- Hours: 11 a.m.-2 a.m. Monday-Saturday
This spot has a ton of fish options, including perch and walleye dinners and lobster artichoke stuffed salmon. Plus, Irish bangers, shepherd’s pie, salads, burgers and soups.
- Address: 1281 S. Gratiot Ave., Clinton Township
- Phone: 586-463-0270
- Hours: 11 a.m.-2 a.m. Monday-Friday, noon-2 a.m. Saturday-Sunday
This local spot offers a “corner bar” experience that feels like an Irish pub. Find a selection of domestic and imported beers along with burgers, tacos and more.
- Address: 7715 Auburn Road, Utica
- Phone: 586-731-6886
- Hours: 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11:30 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday
This spot features a small menu, but their burgers are a must try. Have a Shamrock Burger, Shamrock Chili or Utica Chili and seasoned fries along with a beer. They have monthly rotating taps.
- Address: 101 N. Main St., Mount Clemens
- Phone: 586-961-6371
- Hours: 11 a.m.-midnight Sunday-Wednesday, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Thursday-Saturday
This bar offers an old-fashioned pub atmosphere and seating that were once church pews. Food includes Irish tots, Scotch eggs, corned beef and cabbage and more. Extensive beer and spirits list, too.
- Address: 120 S. Main St., Romeo
- Phone: 586-752-4400
- Hours: 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-midnight Friday-Saturday, noon-9 p.m. Sunday
Pick from corned beef Reuben, pulled pork or fish sandwiches, or one of their unique macaroni and cheese options. Tacos, pizza and burgers, too. For a fun night out, visit the Showroom at Younger’s Irish Tavern for live entertainment including tribute bands, dueling piano shows and more.
For more information about living in Macomb County, visit the Macomb County Department of Planning and Economic Development at Make Macomb Your Home.
This post was originally published in 2021 and is updated regularly.