Summer 2022 sure did fly right on by. Before you know it, the school bus will be coming to take your kids off to another exciting school year — if it hasn’t already.
But don’t count summer out just yet. There’s still plenty of family summer fun to be had before the homework, extracurriculars and parent-teacher conferences fully kick back in, and the long Labor Day weekend is primetime to squeeze it in.
This Labor Day, Macomb County is offering tons of family activities for you and your family to enjoy. Here, you’ll find a list of larger festivals and art fairs happening this Labor Day Weekend along with info on other events happening later this summer and into early fall.
Sept. 1-5, 2022
- Address: Romeo Lions Field, 269 E. Washington St., Romeo
- Cost: Free/general admission; additional fees apply for some activities
This annual fest offers live music, art displays, a carnival and plenty of sweet peach treats. Be sure to see the parade at 1:30 p.m. on Labor Day, too!
Sept. 3-4, 2022
- Address: Walter & Mary Burke Park, 36300 Front St., New Baltimore
- Cost: Free
This two-day art fair showcases a variety of paintings, drawings, sculptures and other artwork along the banks of Lake St. Clair.
Sept. 3-5, 2022
- Address: Blake Farms, 17985 Armada Center Road, Armada
- Cost: $7/person, free/kids 10 and under
Families walk through a field of sunflowers, indulge in sunflower-inspired treats and peruse an open-air art market. There’s a sunflower maze and a train ride to the field, too.
Sept. 8-11, 2022
- Address: Richmond Good Old Days Festival Grounds, 69500 Beebe St., Richmond
- Cost: Free/general admission, $20/ride wristband
Can’t hit up an event on Labor Day itself? Find carnival games, rides, a petting zoo, art displays and more at this annual family fest.
Sept. 9-10, 2022
- Address: Downtown Mount Clemens
- Cost: Free/admission, fees/items on sale
Visit downtown Mount Clemens and peruse some great artwork by local artists — maybe even take home a new piece to enjoy. Live entertainment, too.
Sept. 15-18, 2022
- Address: Lake St. Clair Metropark, 31300 Metro Parkway, Harrison Township
- Cost: $10/adults, free/kids 12 and under with an adult
Those who love spending time on the water will enjoy this annual event, which features lawn games, live music, crafts and activities for kids — plus tons of watercraft displays.
Sept. 17, 2022
- Address: Memorial Park, 25355 Lawrence, Center Line
- Cost: $5/person
Moms and dads in need of a date night will enjoy this adults-only event, which offers food trucks, live music and plenty of craft beer.
Sept. 19, 2022
- Address: Walter & Mary Burke Park, 6300 Front St., New Baltimore
- Cost: Free/admission
This show features classic car displays, tractor displays, music raffles and more.
Sept. 24, 2022
- Address: Downtown Roseville, 28760 Utica Road, Roseville
- Cost: Free
Utica Road closes from Gratiot to 12 Mile for vendors, food trucks, music, car displays and more.
Sept. 24-25, 2022
- Address: Clinton Township Civic Center, 40700 Romeo Plank Road, Clinton Township
- Cost: Free
Explore the work of more than 100 talented artists. There’s also a children’s area full of historical activities, crafts and a musical petting zoo.
For more Labor Day events in Macomb County, visit Make Macomb Your Home online — and don’t forget to leave some of your favorite Macomb County Labor Day events in the comments.
This post was originally published in 2021 and is updated regularly.