Is getting in shape at the top of your list of resolutions this year? Are you and your family interested in switching to a new gym or recreation center? Or are you looking to find a place to work out that offers child care while you sweat it out? Well, these Macomb County fitness centers have you covered.
- Address: Locations in Chesterfield Township, Fraser, Macomb Township, New Baltimore, Richmond, Shelby Township, St. Clair Shores, Warren, Washington Township
- Phone: 888-827-9262
Those hoping for 24/7 access to a fitness facility will love Anytime Fitness, which boasts several locations in Macomb County – and 4,000 nationwide. Find all the major equipment here, plus personal training, fitness classes and more.
Body Image Lifestyle Fitness
- Address: 51204 Danview Technology Court, Shelby Township
- Phone: 586-726-8900
Body Images boasts being one of the top personal training facilities in Macomb County. Here, you’ll find small group training, boot camp, yoga classes and even classes for seniors.
- Address: 40789 Garfield Road, Clinton Township
- Phone: 586-226-1915
In addition to the typical gym equipment, this fitness facility, which is family-friendly, features a special kids room.
Jazzercise Mount Clemens
- Address: 300 N. Groesbeck Highway, Mount Clemens
- Phone: 586-307-5299
Jazzercise offers group fitness classes for all levels. Classes incorporate high cardio dance moves with strength training for the ultimate full-body workout.
- Address: Locations in Clinton Township, Roseville, Shelby, St. Clair Shores, Sterling Heights, Warren
- Phone: Phone numbers vary by location
This fitness chain welcomes teens ages 14 and older who are interested in working out. For moms and dads, there’s a babysitting option offered at this gym.
Lakeshore Family YMCA
- Address: 23401 E. Jefferson Ave., St. Clair Shores
- Phone: 586-778-5811
Group exercise classes, personal training and more will help moms and dads get in shape. While parents work out, their kids can stay in a safe, enriching environment. In fact, the YMCA offers child care for kids ages 12 weeks to 12 years.
- Address: 14843 Lakeside Blvd., Shelby Township
- Phone: 586-532-1300
Here, you’ll find a kids play area, which is open to ages 3 months to 11 years old, and classes for children ages 3-11 years. This facility features workout equipment, personal and group training, fitness classes and more.
Macomb Athletic Club
- Address: 40 N. Groesbeck Highway, Mount Clemens
- Phone: 586-493-9393
Moms and dads can enjoy group fitness classes such as yoga, Zumba and cycling, plus personal training, a fitness studio and more. Kiddos ages 1-11 can participate in the Kids’ Club while parents work out. For two hours, kids play under with the supervision of AED/CPR and first aid-certified supervisors.
Macomb Family YMCA in Mount Clemens
- Address: 10 N. River Road, Mount Clemens
- Phone: 586-468-1411
A gym, classes, youth programs, personal training and more is offered here to help families meet their fitness goals.
Macomb Township Recreation Center
- Address: 20699 Macomb Drive, Macomb Township
- Phone: 586-992-2900
A fitness center is among the amenities at this 92,000-square-foot facility, which offers monthly and annual memberships for families.
New Baltimore Parks & Recreation: Cricklewood Recreation Building
- Address: 35248 Cricklewood Blvd., New Baltimore
- Phone: 586-725-0291
Adult sports and fitness classes are offered here. Choose from drop-in pickleball, tai chi, yoga and circuit training, to name a few.
- Address: Locations in Chesterfield Township, Clinton Township, Mount Clemens, Shelby Township, Sterling Heights, Utica and Warren
- Phone: Phone numbers vary by location
This affordable fitness center features cardio, weights, circuit training, fitness training and more. Teens ages 15-18 are welcome to participate in summer fitness challenges. Check with your local Planet Fitness for details.
Powerhouse Gym Macomb
- Address: 20596 Hall Road, Clinton Township
- Phone: 586-263-6600
This local gym is open 24 hours, which makes it perfect for all schedules. Find all the equipment here, too, including cardio and weight machines, plus free weights.
Recreation Authority of Roseville and Eastpointe
- Address: 18185 Sycamore St., Roseville
- Phone: 586-445-5480
Members between the ages of 14 and 17 must be with an adult to use this state-of-the-art workout room, which is open to members and nonmembers.
- Address: 31059 Harper Ave., St. Clair Shores
- Phone: 586-265-2139
This grown-up-geared spot – one of 150 nationwide – offers a wide range of amenities, including top-notch equipment, group fitness classes, a cardio movie theater and its Retro Blends Smoothie Bar.
Romeo-Washington-Bruce Parks & Recreation Fitness Center
- Address: Two locations: 361 Morton St., Romeo; 57900 Van Dyke Ave., Washington Township
- Phone: 586-752-6543, ext. 3
Moms and dads can find training, group fitness classes, top-of-the-line equipment and more here.
- Address: Locations in Harrison Township, Roseville, Sterling Heights
- Phone: Vary by location
Customize your fitness plan here, work with a personal trainer, enjoy 24/7 access and more.
Warren Community Center Fitness Center
- Address: 5460 Arden Ave., Warren
- Phone: 586-268-8400
Patrons must be at least 17 years old to work out at this fitness center. Those who are ages 15-16 can come along to sweat it out with a parent after 6 p.m.
For more information on Macomb County, visit the Make Macomb Your Home website.