Fourth of July is coming and Macomb County is a prime destination for families seeking to celebrate our nation’s independence with a spectacular fireworks display.
All across the county, communities and local organizations are gearing up to wow spectators with marvelous pyrotechnics in the sky on July 4 and all summer long. To help you plan your family’s outing, we’ve rounded up some of the best of those shows happening in 2023.
Some of these events just offer fireworks while other displays are part of a larger festival, but all of them are sure to delight your kids. Plus, get a few fireworks safety tips from the Macomb Township Fire Department.
Fireworks Displays in Macomb County
June 21-25, 2023
- Address: Downtown New Baltimore area
- Cost: Free, fees for some activities; preregister to enter competitions
The short-lived water bugs drive the theme of this fest, which has a carnival, fireworks, parade, kids activities, cardboard boat race, corn hole tournament and more.
June 23, 2023
- Address: Veterans Memorial Park, 32400 Jefferson Ave., St. Clair Shores
- Cost: $3-$5/wristbands, $10/parking in advance
See this firework display, which begins at dusk at Veterans Memorial Park. Purchase parking ahead of time at the Civic Ice Arena.
June 23, 2023
- Address: Downtown Mount Clemens, 4125 Riverview Circle, Mount Clemens
- Cost: Free
Arrive early to stake your spot along the riverfront and enjoy the dazzling fireworks show. If the riverfront is packed by the time the display begins at dusk, extra seating is available in the vacant lot next to the court building.
June 30, 2023
- Address: Stony Creek Metropark, 4300 Main Park Drive, Shelby Township
- Cost: Free/admission, $10/daily pass
Join the tens of thousands of Macomb County neighbors for the Stony Creek Metropark fireworks show. Participants just need to pack some food, grab a picnic blanket and enjoy the show under the stars. Macomb Symphony Orchestra will be playing their show “Celebrate America”, with special guest the 338th Army Band. Orchestra and Band will play from 7-9:15 p.m. For all ages.
July 5, 2023
- Address: 40700 Romeo Plank Road,Clinton Township
- Cost: Free
Families can enjoy inflatables, face painting, food vendors and live musical performances during the day and a fireworks show at dusk.
July 14, 2023
- Address: 57700 Gratiot Ave., New Haven
- Cost: Contact for details
Enjoy food and tons of fun for all ages at this event. There will also be live music from Killer Vibe and fireworks afterwards.
Fireworks Safety Tips
While fireworks can be a ton of fun this time of year, they can be dangerous — especially for kids who are unsupervised or adults who don’t know the proper precautions.
To help you keep your summertime festivities safe, we offer you these tips from the Macomb Township Fire Department:
- Never mix fireworks and alcohol. Instead, partake in your drinks after the show.
- Sky lanterns should be used with caution. The wind can take them anywhere and you are responsible for any damage they cause.
- Kids should only use fireworks with supervision. This includes sparklers, which burn at over 2,000 degrees.
- Only use fireworks outdoors.
- Have a bucket of water at the ready whenever you’re using fireworks.
- Only light one firework at a time and NEVER re-light a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and soak it in water.
- Consider using protective eyewear or gloves when lighting fireworks.
- Familiarize yourself with local firework laws and follow them.
For even more fun things to do in Macomb County this summer, visit Make Macomb Your Home.