The season of witches, ghosts, pumpkins and haunts is upon us – and whether you’re looking for a fright or some family-friendly fun this Halloween, there’s something for everyone in Macomb County.
Take a peek at this roundup of Macomb County Halloween events to visit with your kiddos – plus a few haunts for moms and dads only. Slip into your Halloween costume and stop by one of these Halloween happenings – some with trick-or-treating – in October 2020.
Note: Expect COVID-19 safety protocols and mask requirements to be in place. Events are sorted by start date. Some require advanced registration. Check with your city’s parks and rec department for information on additional Halloween events.
Scarefest Scream Park
- Address: 34111 28 Mile Road, Lenox Township
- Phone: 586-749-6666
- Time: 8 p.m.-midnight Fridays-Saturday through Sept. 26, 7 p.m.-midnight Friday-Saturday through Oct. 31, 7-10 p.m. Oct. 11, 18 and 25
- Cost: $15/single attraction, $45/four attractions, $70/VIP pass for unlimited attractions
Can you handle the Castle of the Dead Haunted House, Forest of Darkness, Terror Zone Maze and Hayride of Doom and Survive the Night? If you do, stick around for adult-friendly fun at Club Terror Zone. Tickets must be purchased online in advance. Masks required.
Haunted Blake’s at Blake’s Big Apple Orchard
- Address: 71485 North Ave., Armada
- Phone: 586-784-9710
- Time: 6-11 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 6-10 p.m. Sunday Sept. 19-Oct. 31
- Cost: Fees vary by attraction
Warning: This is not kid-friendly. This local apple orchard offers everything from a Zombie Paintball Safari to haunted hayride. See if you can find your way through the three-level haunted barn and mysterious black hole, too. Tickets must be purchased in advance. Face masks are required.
Spooktacular Stroll Through The Park
Oct. 16, 2020
- Address: Macomb Corners Park, 19449 25 Mile Road, Macomb
- Time: 6-7 and 7:30-8:30 p.m.
- Cost: $14/residents, $16/non-residents
Come in costume and take a one-way stroll around Macomb County Park. Advance registration and social distancing are required.
Spooky Scavenger Hunt at the Sterling Heights Nature Center
Oct. 17, 2020
- Address: Sterling Heights Nature Center, 42700 Utica Road, Sterling Heights
- Phone: 586-446-2710
- Time: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Cost: $4/resident, $6.50/non-resident
Search the park for spooky finds like skeletons, goblets and more. All scavenger hunts must be completed by 4:30 p.m. to get a special treat.
Trunks, Tricks & Treats at the Chesterfield Township Offices
Oct. 17, 2020
- Address: Chesterfield Township Offices, 47275 Sugarbush Road, Chesterfield
- Phone: 586-949-0400, ext. 4
- Time: Noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m.
- Cost: $7/residents, $9/nonresidents
Purchase tickets in advance through the parks and recreation department, then head to this event for trunk-or-treating.
Family Moonlight Wagon Rides at Stony Creek Metropark
Oct. 22 and 29, 2020
- Address: Stony Creek Metropark, 4300 Main Park Road, Shelby Township
- Time: 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Phone: 586-781-4242
- Cost: $3/person, $10/parking
Take a nighttime wagon ride through the forest. Then, warm up with stories and a campfire. Social distancing and face masks are required.
Adaptive Recreation Halloween Spooktacular at the Sterling Heights Community Center
Oct. 23, 2020
- Address: Sterling Heights Community Center, 40250 Dodge Park Road, Sterling Heights
- Time: 6:30-8 p.m.
- Phone: 586-446-2700
- Cost: $8/residents, $11/non-residents
This adaptive program for kids and grown ups with special needs offer not-so-spooky bingo, a costume contest and crafts. Masks must be worn at all times.
Trunk or Treat at Ray Township Park
Oct. 24, 2020
- Address: Ray Township Park, 64255 Wolcott Road, Ray Township
- Time: 6-7:30 p.m.
- Phone: 586-749-5171
- Cost: Free; register by Oct. 20
Families can register to pass out candy at this event, which is hosted by Ray Township Recreation. Children of those participating in the trunk-or-treat event are welcome to collect candy and enjoy music spun by a local DJ. Pre-registration is required. Masks must be worn and social distancing will be followed.
Halloween Trick or Treat Trail at Veterans Memorial Park
Oct. 24, 2020
- Address: Veterans Memorial Park, 16200 Chestnut St., Roseville
- Time: 4-7 p.m.
- Phone: 586-445-5480
- Cost: $3/Roseville-Eastpointe Recreation Authority member, $5/nonmember; pre-register
The Roseville-Eastpointe Recreation Authority hosts this trick-or-treat trail where kids of all ages can collect candy, plus enjoy live music, a petting farm, inflatables and more. Aimed at kids 18 months-12 years. You must pre-register for a time slot.
Family Trick-or-Treat at the Farm at Wolcott Mills Metropark
Oct. 28-29, 2020
- Address: Wolcott Mill Metropark, 65775 Wolcott Road, Ray Township
- Time: 8-9 p.m.
- Phone: 586-752-5932
- Cost: $3/person
Show the barn animals your Halloween costumes and collect candy on the grounds, too. Social distancing and face masks are required.
Terror on Tillson Street Trick-or-Treating
Oct. 31, 2020
- Address: Tilson Street, between Sisson and South Main streets, Romeo
- Time: 6-8 p.m./trick-or-treat (road closed: 5:30-8:30 p.m.)
- Cost: Free
The entire block goes all out for Halloween, decorating the houses as spooky as can be. Bring your little ones to trick-or-treat and experience the fun! Please wear your masks and social distance as best you can.
To get more information on happenings in Macomb County, visit the Make Macomb Your Home website.