Summer is here, and that means you’ve got about 12 weeks that you have to fill with boredom-busting activities and family events.
A summer festival is the perfect option to fill some of that time and Macomb County has some serious cred when it comes to throwing great ones.
Here, peruse details on the top summertime happenings in Macomb County that have a run in June, July and August 2019.
When you find one that works for you and your brood, cake on the sunscreen and head out for a day filled with games, rides, delicious food, displays and, of course, summer family bonding with the kids.
Ste. Claire Voyageurs
June 1-2, 2019
- Address: The Chesterfield Historical Village Green, 47275 Sugarbush Road, New Baltimore
- Times: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday
- Cost: $1/person, $2/family
Explore the history of Macomb County through historical displays and re-enactments.
June 6-9, 2019
- Address: Veterans Memorial Park, 27325 Barkman St., Roseville
- Times: 5-10 p.m. Thursday, 5-11 p.m. Friday, 1-11 p.m. Saturday, noon-9 p.m. Sunday
- Cost: Free/admission, $18-$22/ride wristbands
This more than 40-year-old community tradition features live entertainment, a massive midway and much more.
Center Line Independence Festival
June 7-9, 2019
- Address: Memorial Park, 25355 Lawrence Ave., Center Line
- Times: 4-11 p.m. Friday, 2-11 p.m. Saturday, noon-5 p.m. Sunday
- Cost: Free/admission, additional fees may apply for some activities
Find live musical entertainment, art displays, magic acts, a petting zoo, raffles and a big ol’ fireworks display.
June 8, 2019
- Address: Along Van Dyke Ave. between Eight Mile to 14 Mile, Warren and Center Line
- Times: 10 a.m.
- Cost: Free/spectators, $20/cruisers
This inaugural cruise features two commencements, a car parade, car show and fireworks display. Plus, find food trucks and family activities.
June 15, 2019
- Address: Along Gratiot Ave., between Eight and 10 Mile Roads, Eastpointe
- Times: 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Cost: Free/spectators $15/cruisers
Line up along Gratiot to peek at some classic and vintage sports cars and other vehicles as they cruise the open road.
Bay-Rama Fishfly Fest
June 19-23, 2019
- Address: Downtown New Baltimore area
- Times: 3-11 p.m. Wednesday-Thursday, 3 p.m.-12:30 a.m. Friday, noon-12:30 a.m. Saturday, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Sunday
- Cost: Free/admission, fees/games and rides
The smelly bugs that coat the towns each June inspired this annual festival, which offers a parade, cornhole tournament, cardboard boat races and more.
St. Isidore Strawberry Festival
June 21-23, 2019
- Address: Isidore Church, 18201 23 Mile Road, Macomb
- Times: 5-11 p.m. Friday, 5:30-11 p.m. Saturday, 12:30-7:30 p.m. Sunday
- Cost: Fees may apply, check ahead
Find a classic car show, live music, dancing and kids’ games.
June 22, 2019
- Address: Wolcott Mill Metropark Farm Center, 65775 Wolcott Road, Ray Township
- Times: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Cost: $5/person, $10/parking
Watch a cow get milked and earn about how milk, cheese and other dairy products are made. Candle-dipping, horse riding demonstrations, dog agility shows and a parade, too.
Log Cabin Day
June 23, 2019
- Address: Burgess-Shadbush Nature Center, 4101 River Bends Drive, Shelby Township
- Times: 1-3 p.m.
- Cost: Free
Explore a replica of a log cabin, along with artifacts from early settlers.
Baffin Brewing Co. Art Fair 2019
June 28-30, 2019
- Address: Baffin Brewing Company, 25113 Jefferson Ave., St. Clair Shores
- Times: Noon-5 p.m. daily
- Cost: Free/admission, additional fees may apply
This three-day outdoor art fair showcases artwork from incredible local artists. Baffin brews and food truck eats available for purchase.
July 3, 2019
- Address: Packard Proving Grounds, 49965 Van Dyke Ave., Shelby Township
- Times: 5-10 p.m.
- Cost: $10/general
MI Green team hosts this second annual, which features live entertainment, shopping, kids’ activities and more.
Blake’s Lavender Festival
July 12-14, 2019
- Address: Blake Farms, 17985 Armada Center Road, Armada
- Times: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. daily
- Costs: $7/person
Explore rolling hills of lavender, pick your own lavender flowers, make lavender crafts and shop lavender vendors.
American Polish Festival & Craft Show
July 12-14, 2019
- Address: The American Polish Century Club, 33204 Maple Lane, Sterling Heights
- Times: 4 p.m.-midnight Friday, 11 a.m.-midnight Saturday, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Sunday
- Cost: $5/person, free/17 and under
Celebrate Polish heritage with traditional music, dance and food. A craft show and kids area, too.
July 12-14, 2019
- Address: Freedom Hill Park, 14900 Metro Parkway, Sterling Heights
- Times: 6-11 p.m. Friday, 1-11 p.m. Saturday, 11:30 a.m.-10 p.m. Sunday
- Cost: Free
Find live entertainment, kids activities, Italian food and much more.
Fraser Lions Carnival
July 18-21, 2019
- Address: Steffens Park, 33000 Garfield Road, Fraser
- Times: 5-11 p.m. Thursday-Friday, noon-11 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
- Cost: Free/admission, fees/rides
This annual community festival offers a midway full of rides, carnival games, live shows and fireworks.
July 19-21, 2019
- Address: Carpathia Club, 38000 Utica Road, Sterling Heights
- Times: 6-11 p.m. Friday, 4-11 p.m. Saturday, noon-9 p.m. Sunday
- Cost: $5/general, free/18 and under
Enjoy local craft and German beer, authentic German food, folk dance performances, bounce houses and much more.
Sterlingfest Art & Music Fair
July 25-27, 2019
- Address: Sterling Heights City Center, 40555 Utica Road, Sterling Heights
- Times: Festival: 10 a.m.-11 p.m. daily, Art fair: 10 a.m.-8 p.m. daily
- Cost: Free/general, $23-$25/ride wristbands
Test your nerve on some carnival rides, play a game and listen to live music.
Aug. 12-18, 2019
- Address: Armada Fairgrounds, 74280 Fair St., Armada
- Times: TBD
- Cost: $8-$10/adults, $2/kids, free/8 and under, $5/parking, fees/rides
This fair features a Giant Wheel, Ring of Fire, Air Flyer, Himalaya, Sizzler, Tilt-A-Whirl and many others. Plus, live animal shows, music, demolition derby, food and games.
Assumption Greek Festival
Aug. 15-18, 2019
- Address: Assumption Greek Orthodox Church, 21800 Marter Road, St. Clair Shores
- Times: 4-10 p.m. Thursday, 3-11 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Sunday
- Cost: $2/person
Get a taste of Greek culture through food and music during this annual fest.
St. Clair Shores Aqua Fest
Aug. 17-18, 2019
- Address: Blossom Heath Park, 24800 Jefferson Ave., St. Clair Shores
- Times: TBD
- Cost: Fees may apply
This annual offers boat demonstrations, a dog show, pony rides, a petting zoo, craft fair, live entertainment and much, much more.
Warren Birthday Bash
Aug. 22-25, 2019
- Address: Warren City Square, One City Square, Warren
- Times: 4-10 p.m. Thursday, 4-11 p.m. Friday, noon-11 p.m. Saturday, noon-10 p.m. Sunday
- Cost: Free/general
Celebrate the founding of the city of Warren with dog shows, live animal programming, crafts, music and fireworks.
Romeo Peach Festival
Aug. 29-Sept. 2, 2019
- Address: Downtown Romeo area
- Times: TBD
- Cost: Free/general, fees/rides
The second oldest festival in Michigan offers sweet peach treats, relay races, rides and much more.
For more information on family fun in Macomb County, visit the Make Macomb Your Home website.