Marketplace Category: Pregnancy + Baby
The Karmanos Center for Natural Birth provides a supportive, home-like environment for expectant mothers looking for a safe natural childbirth experience. With nurses and caregivers that are trained in holistic birth approaches, you can expect to be prepared with the education and relaxation techniques needed to experience the benefits of a natural childbirth.
In addition to providing six private suites designed to enable a mind-body connection, our care team works with you to create a customized birth plan, ensuring you’re empowered to be an active participant of your birth experience. Along with the most preferred obstetricians in Michigan, you’ll also have the most experienced team of neo-natal specialists, just in case.
Some of the features offered for extra comfort during labor include:
- specially trained nurses who are well equipped to help mothers navigate natural childbirth in a safe and supportive environment
- holistic techniques to manage your comfort during labor including hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, massage, and position-changing tools such as birthing ball
- an indoor walking path and a beautiful, outdoor walkable garden that promote movement during labor
- large hydrotherapy tubs for use during labor
- a designated baby care area, which allows your newborn to room-in with you at all times
- a warm, soothing design for a restful, home-like environment
- bathrooms with spa-like finishes and massaging shower heads
- cozy furniture including sleeper sofas for loved ones who will join you during your stay
- flat screen televisions, complimentary Wi-Fi and CD players with iPod docking stations for your personal music selection
- personal refrigerators
- a private waiting room for friends and family
After delivery, you will stay in your private suite from the time you arrive until you go home with your new baby. Most women who have a natural delivery are able to leave the hospital within 24 hours. During your stay, we encourage bonding by keeping your baby in the room at all times. Each suite is designed to make this as easy as possible, with a separate baby spa area equipped with everything needed to care for your baby in the room. You will receive one-on-one attention from a nurse who is available to answer your questions, offer instructions on feeding and help you adjust to your new baby.
Beaumont Hospital – Troy
44201 Dequindre Road, Troy
Beaumont Hospital – Grosse Pointe
468 Cadieux Road, Grosse Pointe
Karmanos Center for Natural Birth
3601 W. 13 Mile Road, Royal Oak