Got a kid who loves to create, calculate or code? Perhaps there’s a budding biologist or a tenacious tinkerer in your house? Bring them to Metro Parent’s new STEAM + Learning Fair!
A fresh spin on our popular Education Expo, this day of fun and education happens from noon till 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 28, 2019 at the Troy Community Center in Troy. The event is still packed with great educational resources – now with the addition of programming just for kids ages 4-12 that’s all about STEAM (that’s science, technology, engineering, arts and math). We’re also cranking up the STEAM entertainment. Here are some of the activities that are in store:
- Virtual Reality Zone: Embark on one of three different virtual reality experiences related to science and education
- Make Your Own Future City: Construct it with recycled materials with the Engineering Society of Detroit
- Astronaut Tools Challenge: Discover how astronauts tie knots in space and more with the Michigan Science Center
- Tree Frog Racer: Create your very own origami amphibian and race it with the help of Challenge Island
- Science Spectacular Show: Catch the Michigan Science’s Center’s incredible stage presentation
- Detroit Art Machine: This fun attraction makes a piece of art based on kids’ moods
- More: Face painting, balloon sculptures and ice cream or popcorn snacks for kids
Plus, pop into our “Ed Talks.” These short chats for families offer tidbits of wisdom from area education experts geared at giving kids an academic edge. Get their advice on boosting kids’ science learning in school, future STEAM careers and more.
Watch here for more information about this new event, including which local educational resources will be here – along with times and topics for Ed Talks.
And if you’re interested in having an exhibitor booth at the fair or event sponsorship, email firstname.lastname@example.org.