Summer camp wishlist:
- Do super fun science experiments
- Beat summer brain drain
- Don’t spend a penny
That’s just what you’ll find at our Virtual Camp: Summer of Science! Metro Parent and Michigan Science Center have joined forces for a fourth year to bring kids a FREE video series of six amazing DIY projects they can try right at home – plus a companion guide with more fun stuff to do. And a quiz to test their smarts, too.
Science and summer go together like peanut butter and jelly. There’s so much to explore, and vacation gives kids the perfect excuse (and plenty of time) to experiment with the everyday science that’s all around them.
That’s why Metro Parent has once again teamed up with the STEAM geniuses over at Michigan Science Center in Detroit – along with Izzy, our bright little hot-pink haired puppet pal – to bring big kids and tweens ages 7-13 six awesome science experiments to try out at home, all summer long. And all FREE.
- Play. During the summer of 2019 we’re dropping six fun videos that demonstrate an experiment you and your kiddos can do at home with basic supplies. Beginning July 7, new episodes will be released every Sunday for six straight weeks.
- Expand. Each lesson page also gives you a FREE downloadable PDF guide that breaks down the experiment and lets you see the science behind it. It’s also filled with extra resources that bring that concept to life, including trivia, websites, books, toys, games and awesome Michigan Science Center exhibits.
- Quiz. Each lesson ends with fun questions focused on what kids discovered. You’ll score free entry to the Michigan Science Center just for completing it!
- Bonus. Having a blast with Virtual Camp? Post a pic of your kiddo enjoying it on Instagram using the hashtag #MPcamp.
Fill out the form below to register for all the fun. The first episode premieres July 7, 2019.
By filling out this form you agree that Metro Parent and, in some cases, our sponsors can contact you with information that may be of interest to you.