For the past year, so many families have missed their annual holiday traditions or traveling far to visit their older relatives. While there are ways to build that grandparent-grandchild bond virtually, some grandparents just want to hug their family members again. Can you blame them? Now they finally might have some good news.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently released a list of recommendations for fully-vaccinated people. If you or someone in your family has received one of the COVID-19 vaccines, you must wait two weeks after your second dose of the vaccine (for Pfizer and Moderna) or two weeks after your single shot of Johnson & Johnson.
If you are fully vaccinated, follow these guidelines listed below.
What can fully-vaccinated people do now?
- Visit with other fully-vaccinated people indoors. You don’t have to wear masks or practice social distancing.
- Visit with unvaccinated people from a single household who are at a lower risk for severe COVID-19. You can visit with them indoors without wearing masks or practicing social distancing.
- No need to quarantine or get tested if you’ve been exposed to COVID-19, as long as you’re asymptomatic.
What are some COVID-19 guidelines that fully-vaccinated people must still follow?
- Continue to wear proper face masks and social distance in public.
- When visiting others who are a higher risk for severe COVID-19, wear your masks and practice social distancing.
- Take precautions in public like wearing a well-fitted mask and practicing physical distancing
- When visiting unvaccinated people from other household’s, continue to wear masks and social distance.
- Avoid medium and large in-person gatherings.
- Continue to receive a test if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Follow CDC and health department travel recommendations and requirements. See the most updated travel information for Michigan here.
For seeing fully-vaccinated grandparents, it’s OK to visit them as long as no one in your household has a high risk to COVID-19. Get ready for your kiddos to get spoiled by grandpa and grandma again!
Follow Metro Parent on Instagram.