Nothing beats a cup of hot chocolate to warm up during the cold winter months here in southeast Michigan. While it might seem like a splurge, this sweet beverage, when made with real milk instead of water, not only tastes rich and creamy, it also provides key nutrients your body needs.
With cow’s milk as the base to your hot chocolate, 8 grams of high-quality protein, in addition to calcium, vitamins A and D, B-vitamins and more, are in every 8-ounce serving. Milk’s unique package of essential nutrients help keep bones strong, repair and rebuild muscle tissue, and can help convert the food you eat into fuel for your body, according to the team of Registered Dietitians at Milk Means More.
Not sure where to snag a cup of cocoa that’s made with real milk? Browse the list below for places in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate kicked up a notch with the goodness of milk.
This East Lansing-based coffee chain, which boasts various locations in southeast Michigan, serves hot chocolate with a twist. Try dark hot chocolate, a caramel cocoa option, mint and even marshmallow – all made with fresh milk sourced from Michigan dairy farms.
The famed fast-food chain serves hot chocolate with steamed whole or nonfat milk, chocolate syrup, whipped topping and chocolate drizzle. Stop by any southeast Michigan location to grab a cup on the go.
The longtime company, which has several locations in southeast Michigan, serves gourmet milk, dark or caramel cocoa.
This coffee and tea spot, which has more than a dozen locations in southeast Michigan, serves a classic, rich hot chocolate.
- Address: 23415 Greater Mack Ave., St. Clair Shores
- Phone: 586-773-2233
- Address: 44635 Schoenherr Road, Sterling Heights
- Phone: 586-884-4197
- Address: 50927 Hayes Road, Shelby Township
- Phone: 586-991-6911
- Address: 418 S. Washington Ave., Royal Oak
- Phone: 248-544-4749
- Address: 29936 12 Mile Road, Farmington Hills
- Phone: 248-562-7708
- Address: 21300 Novi Road, Northville
- Phone: 248-349-1466
- Address: 204 S. Fourth Ave., Ann Arbor
- Phone: 734-585-5652
- Address: 422 Detroit St., Ann Arbor
- Phone: 734-663-3354
- Address: 101 Main St., Chelsea
- Phone: 734-433-4226
- Address: 1049 Woodward Ave., Detroit
- Phone: 313-285-8006
- Address: 10215 Joseph Campau Ave., Hamtramck
- Phone: 313-800-5089
- Address: 844 Penniman Ave., Plymouth
- Phone: 734-454-0178
- Address: 505 N. Center St., Northville
- Phone: 248-308-3989
Content brought to you by Michigan Dairy Farm Families. For more information, visit milkmeansmore.org. Approved by the Michigan Dairy Market Program Committee.