Are you sick of hearing your kids saying that they’re bored this summer? Well, we’ve got your covered. We have compiled a list of things for you and your kids to do before the summer ends.
Check out these places to go or fun things to do to keep you and your family entertained.
- Go on a road trip with the kids
- Make chalk art
- Go on a nature walk
- Paint rocks and leave them around town
- Take a trip to the zoo
- Find delicious produce at a local farmer’s market
- Pack a lunch and go on a picnic
- Make waves at a local waterpark
- Embrace nature by going camping
- Roast marshmallows over an open fire
- Go to the library and get a new book to read
- Tie-dye shirts, pillowcases or another garment of your choice
- Play mini golf
- Go to the beach and listen to the seashells
- Start a book club
- Go to a baseball game at Comerica Park or Jimmy John’s Field
- See a fireworks show
- Visit a carnival and ride the biggest ride there
- Make pizza at home
- See a movie in the park
- Visit a museum to learn something new
- Paint landscapes outdoors
- Build a sandcastle
- Try a new dish at a restaurant you’ve never been to before
- Make popsicles
- Play on the slide at a new park
- Catch fireflies in a jar (then let them go)
- Fly a kite
- Go fishing (you’ll need a permit!)
- Check out our Summer Fun Guide for even more summer fun ideas!
Do you have other suggestions for other things to do before summer ends? Share them with us below.
Follow Metro Parent on Instagram.