DC League of Super-Pets shares the story about Superman and his best friend and dog, Krypto (named after the planet they both came from).
The story begins with Superman’s parents sending him away from Krypton to Earth and how his faithful companion, (his childhood dog), came along to protect him. All his life, he has done just that.
When Clark Kent a.k.a. Superman (John Krasinski) starts dating Daily Planet reporter, Lois Lane, Krypto becomes jealous and nervous that he is being replaced in Superman’s life. He realizes after being mad at Superman for a while that he and the D.C. gang were taken by Lex Luthor (Marc Maron) and the hairless guinea pig, Lulu (Olivia Wilde) and he must save them.
Unfortunately, Krypto (Dwayne Johnson) cannot do it alone like he is used to. He must call on new friends to help — Ace (Kevin Hart), PB (Vanessa Bayer), Merton McSnurtle (Natasha Lyonne) and Chip (Diego Luna).
- Working together is so important. All of the DC superheroes had each other’s back in the movie. Krypto never had a team of animals that he worked with and it took so convincing for him to let them help. Each animal had a different superpower and played a different role in saving Lois Lane and the DC superheroes.
- Keep learning new skills. Krypto thought he could do everything by himself until his powers were taken away. You never know when you will need to learn how to do something. Krypto was never a “normal dog” and didn’t know how to use his nose to sniff. Ace had to show him and he had to be willing to learn, in order to actually “get it.”
- Mindset is everything. PB had to figure out how to control her new power. She also always loved and wanted to be like Wonder Woman. After she thought like Wonder Women, it helped.
- Express your feelings in a healthy way. Even know Krypto was a dog and couldn’t really talk to Superman about the way he was feeling, he also didn’t think of how Superman felt about Lois Lane and how they could all be happy together. He shouldn’t have reacted the way he did about it.
- Make this Kryptonite rock candy recipe by Bread Booze Bacon. You can create any color you want.
- Dress your pets (or stuffed animals if you don’t have a pet) as a superpet. Try this DIY for a superman dog costume like Krypto’s by Brit + Co.
- Make Love Bakes Good Cakes’ no-churn Superman Jello swirl ice cream from heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk and red, lemon and blue gelatin dessert mixes.
- Enjoy this activity book to go along with the movie. You can also scan the code for the color app for Superpets.
- Make a comic book strip. You can use characters you already know or you can create your own. Try these tips from Tinybeans.
Follow Metro Parent on Instagram.