Enjoy some of your favorite actors and singers — Tori Kelly, Reese Witherspoon, Pharrell Williams, Matthew McConaughey, Halsey, Bono and many more — in an animated film. This musical is fun for all ages.
Although the cast is thriving at their new theater, Buster Moon (Matthew McConaughey) has bigger plans and dreams for them. After sneaking into a major audition, the cast impresses the entertainment mogul, Jimmy Crystal (Bobby Cannavale) with a show that they didn’t even create yet. See them prepare and overcome their fears in their “out of this world” performance.
- Don’t let anyone tell you that you aren’t good enough. After Buster received a visit from Jimmy Crystal’s staff member, Suri, he was told that the cast weren’t good enough to audition for her boss. Instead of giving up, Buster gets everyone together and heads to the audition despite what she said about them.
- Challenge yourself to learn new things. One of the examples from the movie was when Johnny (Taron Egerton) had to learn how to dance. He had never done so, but was determined to learn.
- Stick up for yourself. Ash (Scarlett Johansson) was being taken advantage of and paid less than the men at the show she was doing before she joined this cast. She tells them they need to treat her equal or she is gone.
- Overcome your fears and doubts. In the movie, Rosita (Reese Witherspoon) must conquer her fear of heights to play the lead role in the music. Also, Calloway (Bono) goes back on stage after 15 years of the death of his wife.
- Put together a family talent show. Ask each member of your family what they would like to do for their performance and put together your own show. You can sing and choreograph a group number, as well.
- Make a cardboard tube microphone. Create your own microphone with a silver Christmas ornament or Styrofoam ball and paint, a cardboard tube and more to decorate the microphone. This fun craft is by I Heart Arts N Crafts.
- Bake pig and koala cupcakes. To celebrate a few of the main characters in the movie, you can make cupcakes. See the recipe by Eat Move Make.
- Have a dance party. Play the Sing 2 Original Motion Picture Soundtrack and sing along to some of your favorites sang by the cast.
- Make Meena’s banana split. Grab ice cream, bananas, nuts, sprinkles, chocolate syrup and more. Try this recipe by Mommy Snippets.
Follow Metro Parent on Instagram.