See five notorious bad guys — Mr. Wolf, Mr. Shark, Ms. Tarantula, Mr. Piranha and Mr. Snake — pull off heist after heist. Then Mr. Wolf (Sam Rockwell) gets sick of being a “bad guy.”
After getting caught and arrested by the police, Mr. Wolf (Sam Rockwell) makes a deal to do the unthinkable: turn good! Although he doesn’t have any intention of actually turning good and being a model citizen, he ends up actually liking it.
He has an internal struggle with this and keeps pretending he isn’t actually turning good, but his friends Mr. Snake (Mark Maron), Ms. Tarantula (Awkwafina), Mr. Shark (Craig Robinson) and Mr. Piranha (Anthony Ramos) see right through what he was doing. They aren’t happy about it.
The film is loosely based on the children’s book series by Aaron Blabey. A few takeaways to discuss with the kids:
- You can always change. Mr. Wolf started off as a criminal, but then decided he didn’t want to be one anymore. He was afraid he couldn’t turn good because he had always been bad.
- Don’t stereotype. The five of them were automatically seen as criminals by the world because of their stereotypes. When Mr. Wolf wanted to go good, no one believed him because of the wolf stereotype.
- Be honest with the people you love. Snake and Mr. Wolf got into a huge argument because Mr. Wolf didn’t want to be bad anymore and kept lying about it.
- Money doesn’t equal happiness. The criminals had more gold, money and material things than they knew what to do with. They weren’t fulfilled with those things, though, and always felt like they needed more.
- Paint your family’s faces to look like the characters from the movie – wolf, snake, piranha, tarantula, shark and fox.
- Print free coloring pages from the movie on GetColoringPages.
- Read The Bad Guys book series and talk about how they are same and how they are different than the movie.
- Make frozen ice pops like the one Mr. Snake eats in the movie with this recipe on ScreenSlam’s YouTube.
- Pretend to go on a heist and create your own indoor obstacle course you have to get through to get to the “Golden Dolphin.”
- Learn how to draw the characters from Bad Guys on Peacock Kids’ YouTube.
Follow Metro Parent on Instagram.